I Big Chopped- Ayeesha

By January 27th, 202116 Comments

I Big Chopped- Ayeesha
Ayeesha writes:

En route to a healthier lifestyle that involved an exercise and healthy eating regimen, Ayeesha decided to let her hair join in on the all-natural fun. Empowered by the natural hair community, she dove in to the BC and hasn’t looked back!

I did my first BC two days before a job interview this past November. When I made the first cut, I thought, “Oh my, what did I just do?” My heart starting beating really fast and I thought, “At this point, there is no turning back.”

My family and friends were very supportive, especially my boys. When my youngest son saw my haircut, he covered his mouth in surprise and started touching my hair. He could not stop looking at me. It took my husband a few days to come around.

At this point I am learning my hair, and I just want it to be healthy. I did not go natural because my hair was damaged or anything like that. Actually, my perm became an interference to my workout regimen, so it had to go. Also, I started eating all natural organic foods back in 2008, so going natural with my hair was the natural order of things.

As far as modifying my look to fit my hairstyle, I have always been a girly girl, so the only thing that I changed is that now I wear bigger earrings courtesy of my big sis who is also natural.

To keep my hair moisturized, I co-wash at least four times per week, plus I use a leave-in conditioner. I also use a variety of oils and shea butter. My favorite product to get my curls popping off is ECO Styler Gel. I have to say, the online natural hair community did empower me to make that first cut. I did not transition, I just went for it. I love my natural hair. I wish that I was brave enough to make the change a long time ago.

I Big Chopped- Ayeesha

• DecemberPumpkin says:

looking good and good luck on your journey

• Unknown says:

You look beautiful and liberated…Welcome 🙂

Congratulations on your BC! Natural hair is a loving journey so be patient and enjoy the ride!

It looks great! I wish my hair was that nice at BC!

• Unknown says:

Yea ! good for you , you look great ! 🙂

The big chop looks nice on you–have a good face shape and your eyebrows are on point–girl!

I think your hair is nice. When big chopped I washed my hair that much too, but now that I have more hair I do once maybe twice a week. It starts to become a lot of work, and the drying process can take a little longer

The BC shoots you very well…too pretty! 🙂

• Jenelle The Model says:

You look great! that cut is so you! Congrats on the BC!!

The style frames your face beautifully! So cute!

Loving the eyewear too! What is the lipstick color in both pics – enquiring minds want to know!

It is a super cute look for you.

I love her hair! I would love to hear how going all natural and organic changed her health as well. I am thinking about doing it but with the cost of organic foods vs "conventional" I wonder if it's really worth it. Her skin is flawless…I love it. Go Gurl!

• Bridget says:

Congrats Ayeesha! Your hair looks great. Definitely feeling you on working out with natural hair. It is SO much easier than when I had a perm. I also love eco styler gel as well.

• Pecancurls says:

Ayeesha, congratulations!! You and your hair are beautiful. Very healthy glow and sheen. Work that eco styler. That gel has never given me results like that. 🙂 Glad you got the support system going at home.

I know exactly what you mean —- I went natural because the perm was cutting into my work out routine. One of the best decisions ever for me. I went from a 12 to a 6 and feeling and looking more healthy.

• toshpa says:

looks great! you and your hair are stunning!

co washing 4 times a week? Well I guess when I first went natural I co-washed about 2-3 times a week. That sounds like a lot. But I'm no expert. Is that too much or just fine?