By January 27th, 2021369 Comments
And the winner is…
 Chelonthia
email me at [email protected] with you address!

Warning-

For those of you that require, I don’t know… a coherent story line or a motif of some sort, this post may not be for you.  I don’t need no hook for this ish! No theme here, just a bunch of random pics- some captioned, others not. Enjoy!

These vans are all over the city. I assume it’s some kind of an additional taxi system?
But imagine it’s your first day in Rio and you’re walking to the beach with your friend.  While waiting to cross the street, a speeding van screeches to a halt right in front of you, just in time for a guy to throw the door open and start yelling at you in Portuguese.  Yeah, so Melissa and I nicknamed it ‘the kidnap van’.  #TheresGottaBeABetterWay

#SandCastleWars

Naturals I saw while exploring Ipanema–
Just Another Brazilian PictorialJust Another Brazilian Pictorial

while snapping pics of the girls above, dude started yelling at me from the beach below and struck a pose, like, ‘me next!”
#AndForTheLadies
Just Another Brazilian PictorialJust Another Brazilian Pictorial

Yesterday’s coverup and big ass hat from Forever 21
I think I paid all of 6 bucks for that romper!

#YoGotDamn

and at the beach… day 3 of my wash and go
Just Another Brazilian Pictorial

rocked my mommy scar hard yesterday #CsectionChic
Just Another Brazilian Pictorial
 Made another friend. His name? Anderson Beyonce! He spoke no English but fabulousness is universal!  We swapped hats and snapped a pic.
Just Another Brazilian Pictorial

It’s time for the percolator…
Just Another Brazilian Pictorial

While we’re at it, let’s do another giveaway! Told you this post was a hodgepodge!
Just Another Brazilian Pictorial
To get your hands on this backless dress + a $50 gift card + a mystery freebie, sign up on Romwe.com and in the comments below, tell me the best thing that happened to you this week!

Next Monday, one lucky curly will be randomly chosen to receive the goodies!

That’s it!
The dress comes in Black, Blue and Pink and the contest ends on May 28th at 5pm EST!
Good luck divas!

• Tiffany says:

This comment has been removed by the author.

• Faith says:

The best thing this week.. I think I finally figured out how to truly care for my hair!:)

• Terra D says:

The best thing that happened to me….. I packed for a 4 day trip to Seattle!!

• cmo says:

The best thing that happened to me this week was completing my first year of medical school!!!!

Well the best thing that happened to me this week was that I spent time with my family and we were all together. There was no stress of work, or school but it was just us enjoying the moment. Simply happy with each others company.

Rosy

• AuroraMore says:

The best thing that ever happened to me was meeting my boyfriend Brian. I had just transferred to a new school junior year and I didn't really know anyone. I definitely felt on the other side of the tracks in a neighborhood I had never been in before. Out first meeting was a disaster. I thought he was an A-hole and he felt the same about me hahahah. One fateful day we were stuck next to each other in AP and started chatting. In an all the stars aligned kind of way we hit it off listening to Disney music. He walked me to my next class and stayed to chat. By the end of the day we were Boyfriend/Girlfriend and eight years later we're still together. I found love in a hopeless place.

Nell

• KB says:

I just finished my first year of medical school and had a moment of just being completely grateful, humble and blessed to have finished successfully, and I look forward to the next 3. *all smiles over here*

• sheenadesiree says:

finding out I will graduate in the Winter of 2013 !!!!!!!!! Bring on grad school !!!!!!!!! πŸ™‚

• sheenadesiree says:

• sheenadesiree says:

The best thing that happened to me the week was finding out that i will be graduating in the winter of 2013. I am so excited and cant wait for the next step in my journey .Also, i inspired some youn ladies to transition to the "natural side" …lol That ALWAYS makes my day πŸ™‚

• nigerianprincessXD says:

I also am now a SENIOR in high school!!!! Whoop!:)

• Faith says:

I saw my best friends graduate high school on saturday!:)

• v_is_4_vegetarian says:

This trip that you took to Brazil…between your pictures and writing make me feel like i was their too! (I've also resolved to begin planning a trip for myself next year to Rio now! #obragadoNikki)

The best thing that happened to me this week was letting go of some serious emotional baggage by forgiving my verbal/emotionally abusive ex and God does it feel good! So good i planned a trip to Puerto Rico (first time out of the country not on a boat) with my best friends for August!! #timeformetodustoffmyBrazilianbuttliftdvds

• cocobutter75 says:

The best thing that actually happened to me this week happened yesterday. My mother took my daughter to get some ice cream and I asked them to bring me some back. When they returned my mother said I didn't need it and said something about my thighs (I have and have always had thick thighs). My teenage daughter told my mother that I have nice thighs and that she always thought so. Made my day.

• Shammy says:

The best thing that happened to me this week….I was offered a job in Germany and it is a promotion! But the best part about it is I'm here in the states with my 2 year old son but my husband and 14 year old son are over there….1.5 years apart, talk about one heck of a reunion!!

• Shanita says:

Great to see all your pics and thoughts from Rio Nikki! The best thing that happened to me this week was that I was able to make this weekend a super special birthday weekend for my boyfriend. He's such an awesome birthday and I wanted him to have an amazing birthday and he did!

• Bubblylaverne says:

The best thing that happened to me was I started cleaning my house do I won't be featured in an episode of Hoarding: Buried Alive…lol, and started planning my vacay…#gottogetaway

• Marquita says:

The best thing that happened to me this past week is that I paid the rest of my law school deposit so I can begin pursuing my dream! I realized how much God loves me as well, saving my life several times so that I can be at this place and be equipped to pursue this dream!

Memorial day weekend for bests are:
    I received a dynamite deep tissue massage in va beach by Keith
    Before that a new introduced friend of another friend happily help me 2strand twist my hair that still have not taken out. And we all know anyone who can help with the coils is a blessing.
    Unfortunately throughout it all I became very sick but I was able to get some much needed rest and spend quality time with my 3 baby boys love ya Truth, Truce, and Troy!!!
    [email protected]

• Barbara Noel says:

The best thing that has happened to me this week is coming home from college after a stressful semester. I made it through all the struggles and left school with a strong GPA! I'm just so happy to be home with my family and friends!

• Adrienne says:

The best thing that happened to me this week was that my boyfriend came home from a work trip after being away for a month πŸ™‚

• Love-on-Love says:

I finally understand men a little more. Seriously, I think I know how those creatures' brains function.
    Rudo

• Odi says:

The best thing that happened to me was that my older sister got married yesterday in Texas! & she's also natural πŸ™‚

-odi

• Unknown says:

my two year old is finally getting the hang of poop in the potty. Almost fully potty trained now. Can't wait to say goodbye to diapers.

• Miss Davis says:

Well I can say the best thing that happened to me was making it to my second trimester!

SN: I didn't see any scars and I pray my tummy will be that flat next year lol.

• EyeWearMe 0-o says:

The best thing that happened to me is that I had my big chop done yesterday….I was very surprised at how emotional I was. Before chopping my hair I felt this overwhelming anxiety that I was good enough to my current boyfriend. I had secretly struggled with my self confidence and at times felt my best when my hair was relaxed and straight but I guess I got so tired of trying to be for others that I took the leap and cut my hair…(you can say I had a waiting to exhale moment..lol) While me and my boyfriend are currently separated for various reason. I can not express the amount of joy and liberation I feel. Cutting my hair to its natural textures will force me to see the natural beauty within myself and to not only rediscover who I am as an individual but to truly love and value the new me. It started out with just cutting the hair but its starting to become so much more then I imagined. I'm so glad I found this site it has truly been an inspiration for me to accept my natural myself.
    THanks CN

• TrueKinks says:

Best thing that happened to me was receiving a letter of recognition to a forum on Law and CSI!

• Engineering Natural Beauty says:

The best thing that happened to me this week is getting hit on by a hot guy at the gym

• Nisha says:

The best thing that happened to me this week was finally being hired! I just graduated and I refuse to go back home, I'd rather struggle. lol πŸ™‚

• LaLaPoP says:

the best thing that happened to me this week was finally getting my license and getting over my fear of driving

• Tareace says:

The best thing that happened to me this week is that my hubby and I celebrated 18 yrs of marriage. To top it off I got diamond earrings as a gift.

• Asia says:

The best thing that happened to me this week is that I finally, after putting it off for many weeks, faced a difficult situation and accepted the hard, cold truth. I'm known for always wanting to make things right, but there are some situations that you just have to let go and move on. Although the truth sucked, I know I will be stronger and happier in the long run.

• ~MyEssences=MySoul~ says:

The best thing that happened to me this week is my sister finally joined me, my mom, and my other sister in are naturally journey!!!!!

• ...kkfkfkf says:

This week I tried on a sweater I've been knitting for the longest. Turns out it's too big because I've lost 13 pounds. Sure I have to rip out and start again, but it's worth it!

• Amber Elise says:

The best thing that happened to me…really hard to pinpoint it! Me and the bf are moving into a bigger and more fab apartment (that is LITERALLY right around the corner from where we live right now) so we began packing and celebrated his bday two days in a row. Good time for wine, bbq, and two cakes! πŸ™‚

the best thing to happen to me this week…hmmm, well I'm in a nursing program (RN) and struggling with a certain Med/Surg class but I made up for a slip up and disappointment that was probably going to count against me and impressed my instructor, all while I took care of two lovely trauma patients. Did my best.

Brazil is beautiful. Can't wait to visit!

• estelle says:

The best thing that happened to me this week was witnessing yet another newborn miracle.

• Courtney says:

Best thing that happened to me this week? Life. Just being here, sharing moments with my husband and son, and being given the opportunity to be a better person than I was the previous day is ALWAYS a good thing.

• melmorgan4 says:

The best thing that happened to me this week was getting a new job!

• Unknown says:

This week I learned that I finally got a job offer that I have been waiting so long to receive and it came just in time! My mothers birthday is coming up and she has been there for me throughout this whole difficult journey, I just want to show my appreciation by spending my whole check on her and making sure she has the BEST birthday she has ever had in her entire life, just to show my gratitude.

• Erin says:

Best thing that ever happened to me this week??

I GOT ACCEPTED INTO WAKE FOREST UNIVERSITY!!!
    *raisin' the roof*
    I give all the Glory to God!
    Wake Forest ain't ready for this curly diva!

Having a beautiful day at the zoo with my little girl, who's going to turn 3 on the 28th of May.

• Stina T. says:

I can't wait to visit Rio!!!! Your pictures look like your having so much fun!!!! On to the next; the best thing that happened to me was this week, was getting to see my 19 year old brother!!! He's a newly graduating marine and is still in phases of his training so he's been away in SOI school since December!!! I have 4 brothers and we grew up quite close so being away from him for so long SUCKS!!!! He's only home for the holiday weekend but I'm still so happy to have him here!!!!

The coolest thing that happened to me this week was volunteering for the amfAR Cinema Against AIDS event. It was a lot of hard work that paid off in the end, the whole night was beautiful. I got to meet Janet Jackson and we raised $11 million for AIDS research that night! Best day abroad ever.

– A'brielle T.

• Unknown says:

This was an Awesome week for me. I recently went back to work after a long period of intermitent employment since I had my first child almost 4 years ago. I am working in an industry that is foreign to me. I found out hat not only do I like the job, I am really excelling. I have gotten kudos from management as well as consumers on the job I am doing. Yeah Me!!!. Feels really good. I feel that I can really see myself for the first time in a long time. Getting up and getting dressed. Feeling fabulous as a mother of two. Also, my baby girl celebrates her 1st birthday today.One of the loves of my life. My beautiful, natural, comical little cry-baby is not a toddler.

• Iaintnosoccermom says:

The best thing that happened to me this weekend was realizing how blessed I am yo be turning Dirty Thirty on the 28th. We just relocated back to family and it's been a blessing to sit back and daydream about do many memories!

• Iaintnosoccermom says:

The best thing to happen to me this weekend is going to dinner and a movie with my mother, sister and aunt as a belated Mother's Day get-together.

• TiaTJ says:

The best thing that happened to me?

I finished up a cruise to the Bahamas to celebrate my college graduation on Monday. Yay me! Then on wednesday I headed to Va to help my dad celebrate his retirement after 20 years in the Marines. Just made it back home all of 45 mins ago.

• talybutterfly4 says:

The best thing that happened to me this week was that I turned 29 on the 24th of May. Yea Me! This is my last year in my twenties. Hope it brings me many blessings!

• talybutterfly4 says:

This comment has been removed by the author.

• urbancupcake says:

This week as been amazing! I finished my Master's program. I got to see my dad all week before he left for Kuwait for 15 months (he lives across the country from me). My mom has come to for a visit!! And my healthy happy hair has convinced her to go natural! Plus, my fiance and I are taking her to the beach for Memorial weekend. "Yay!" for sun and sand!!

• urbancupcake says:

• Devon says:

Ummm, I see no baby scars, I didn't even know you had a C-Section! Hmmm, best thing to happent to me this week so far is the 3 day weekend and being able to sleep in this morning since baby girl is with my aunt:)

• Nik says:

best thing that happened to me? three.day.weekend.

πŸ˜€

My family has been going through some things that has a lot to do with racism. Through all of these things that happened this week, I have received an out pouring of support from family and true friends. Receiving calls, texts, emails, and posts on FB have been the highlight of my week. Without their support my week would have continued to be awful.
    God is truly good!!
    DrFSCarter

• Ara says:

1. I see no baby scars so please girl lol
    2. The best thing that happened this week was definitely me learning how to put kinky twists in my hair. I didn't feel like paying anyone $160 for it so I youtube'd it out and a day and a half later…long beautiful kinky twists for the summer! Or at least for the month, but at least I don't have to pay anyone to do my hair πŸ™‚

My stbx signed the divorce papers πŸ™‚

[email protected]

• Oldine J says:

The best thing that happened to me this week was I graduated Highschool! Class of 2012 stand up!
    πŸ™‚

Lovely pics!! πŸ˜€ jealous of your mommy body to say the least but you go girl πŸ˜‰
    The best thing that's happened to me this week?
    My daughter and sister are coming out to visit with me in the UK in preparation for my wedding on the 1st of June. They'll be here later tonight and I haven't hugged them in 6 weeks. It's pure HEAVEN πŸ˜€

stay fly mama!

Sabbyboo

The best thing that's happened to me this week?

stay fly mama!

Sabbyboo

Best thing… I finally found a new place after looking for two months and I just took my hair down from braids can we say #new growth #winning!!!

Love those abs Nik.. I will have those for my next vacay..

Makeiva

The best damn thing that happened to me was I finally found a new place and I took my hair out of braids can we say #new growth. Loving my hair right now!!
    Makeiva G.

Makeiva G.

• tmr1026 says:

Hey Nikki!

The best thing that happened to me this week had to be hanging with my kids at work. I work at a community center in one of the project homes in Athens, GA and yesterday was their last day to come for the afterschool program since we start summer camp soon. We had a blast playing games and cracking jokes. They even made me cards and gave me silly bands to "remember them during the summer" lol gotta love the kids.

-Taylor

• Unknown says:

The best thing that happened to me this week is I found a salon to do my internship for school. I'm going into cosmetology. Super excited!

• Unknown says:

The best thing that happenened to me this week was doing a cornrow style myself and getting compliments from "the meat guy" at the grocery store.

• Celeste M says:

The best thing that happened this week was my beautiful baby girl caught my eye from across the yard and said, "Ma!" It was the first time she has said my name and my heart melted. Hands down this was the best thing that happened all week…..make that all month!

• _RollsJoyce says:

The best thing that happened to me this week was getting an A on my first college Pre-Calculus test!

• Unknown says:

best thing: 1p friday dismissal from work!!!

• Unknown says:

best thing this week was an early dismissal on friday from work. love holiday weekends!
    Quinn

• Stephanie O. says:

The best thing to happened to me this week is that I got 4 days off of work and I spent all four days with my boyfriend… And today I went to universal studios for the opening of the new Transformers ride ….. And might I say amazing !!!!!!

best thing that happened this week was me graduating from college!!!
    Jaiara B

• sdixon says:

The Best thing that happened to me was that I found out that I got accepted into the Health Promotion Sciences department I am closer to seeing my dream of graduating with my Masters in Public Health in HPS become a reality in December!!! and eventhough the very next day I found out through e-mail not even a phone call that I was being let go from my job SMH!! I know I serve an awesome God that is bigger than my problems.

• sdixon says:

This comment has been removed by the author.

• Shanae says:

The best thing that happened to me was that I found out an oral surgery I had last July (as a part of my orthodontia treatment) is working! I'm 33, having a pretty smile has been a dream since childhood. Thank you Lord!

• Unknown says:

So best thing that happened to me ths week…I GOT A JOB INTERVIEW!!!! Whoop! *happy dance*

• Erin says:

This comment has been removed by the author.

The best thing that happened to me today was getting a bonus at work….its going towards bills but it was still unexpected πŸ™‚

Nikki T

• Alia :) says:

The best thing that happened to me this week was getting hired by my internship for the summer!

• ~MyEssences=MySoul~ says:

The best thing that happened to me this week was, my sister finally went natural… After a year of me trying to persuade her. So i'm really happy!!! Now my whole family is officailly naturals!!!!

• SammySam says:

Best thing that happened to me this week: Was running late to work, and truly dreading going in. When I took my exit to get to my job, I saw a homeless man with a "hungry" sign, and it instantly made me emotional. It made me grateful for everything I have.

Sam A.B.

• sarah says:

Best thing that happened to me… I graduated with my master's degree in chemistry from JHU!

• sarah says:

• sarah says:

• hannah says:

The best thing that happened to me this week was coming one step closer to starting my freshmen year of college!

• Stephanie says:

The best thing that happened this week was me realizing my faults and working on making myself happy before anyone else.

• cette nana says:

Kassandra M.

Today was my 20th birthday and I finally started my blog that I've been procrastinating on πŸ™‚ Good things are coming from here on in!

• Marissa Renea says:

The best thing that happened to me was recieving a graduation card in the mail. Even though I'm a recent graduate (as of the 12th of this month) I don't feel any different. The card cheered me up and reminded me that I won't be headed back to college in August…Plus I love to get mail.

• Shana B. says:

The best thing that happened to me: Workout Trainer App for Android. I'm officially on beast mode…sexy abs, here I come!!

• Angela Lee says:

I go a promotion at work this week. I am completely overwhelmed but so excited about the challenge

• Channelle says:

Best thing that happened to me this week is I unknowingly stumbled upon the recipes to perfect braidouts AND twistouts.

Ish just got real.

Chanelle D.

• Toni-Ann says:

The best thing that happened to me this week was finally getting an internship for the summer. I didn't have one last summer because I was physically ill. Now I feel busy and like I have a purpose πŸ™‚

• Zings says:

Best thing that happened to me this week was making it back home safely before the impending hurricane strikes Puerto Vallarta today or tomorrow. Whew!

• Gray says:

LMAO @ csectionchic & Its time for the perculator

The best thing that happened to be this week was time with the Boo and happy hour with friends in t – minus 52 minutes

Have fun Nikki!

• haitianbeauty says:

the best thing that happened to me this week was catching up with old friends and celebrating my sister completing her board exam. official doctor!!!

• haitianbeauty says:

THE BEST THING THAT HAS HAPPENED TO ME WAS CATCHING UP WITH OLD FRIENDS AND CELEBRATING MY SISTER COMPLETING HER BOARD EXAM!!!

KAREEN P.

Best thing that has happen so far is getting decor ideas for my dorm room!! First time freshman, and soo excited for August to roll around. Not to mention my major is counseling pysch. πŸ™‚

Jarkilla Robinson

• Tekesha Austin says:

Nik, I love the site!,,its the reason I BIG CHOPPED 02/2012…You are a talented young lady.. okay the best thing thats happened to me this week was attending my step daughters high school graduation, she has gone through so much these past 4 years but she made it and the feeling was so overwhelming…GOD Bless!

Best thing that happend to me…I was rewarded a huge scholarship to Wash U in St Louis for law school! So excited. I know absolutely no one in St. Louis, but excited nonetheless.

Ginny

• Marjorie A. says:

The best thing that happened to me this week is that I got to spend the whole day with my boyfriend on Monday after being 8 hours away from him at school for about two months. He cooked for me and we watched a movie all cuddled up on the couch. It was definitely what I needed. And our two year anniversary is on Saturday !

The best thing that happened to me this week was my sister being okay and I've experimented with new hair styles and am falling in love with my hair! I've never appreciated it so much πŸ™‚

• I'm Goin' Places says:

I started my nursing program this week. Its been a long year of sleep deprived nights, headaches, and tears and now its the beginning of 2 more years of it. But Im happy πŸ™‚

• Nece says:

The best thing that happened to me this week was my bank calling me and giving me the approval for a loan modification! God is Awesome!!!

• Ambrosia034 says:

The best things that happened to me are: I finally got my refills of my fav espresso protein drink; I have been able to remain in a positive and joyful frame of mind in midst of some random stuff that happened this week; it's a three-day weekend (who couldn't be happy about that?!).

Oh, and Nikki, you look absolutely fabulous (I'm going to have to pick up that book you mentioned)!

• Anita M. says:

God has continued to bless me this week! I graduated from college, got an amazing job, and will be celebrating six years with my amazing boyfriend! πŸ˜€ Love your site!

• Tiffany Grigley says:

The best thing that happened to me this week is that I graduated from Spelman College and got the chance to take a picture with Oprah Winfrey.

• the mending of a broken rib says:

Hey lady,
    The best thing that happened to me this week was the chance I recieved to share a testimony, which in turn, delivered a soul. All in the days work of a Woman of Power, a Woman of God! My hair has opened up so many conversations with people I would have never had the opportunity to speak with. WE share a bond in hair and that opens the door for love!

• Celeste M says:

Best thing that happened this week was my beautiful baby girl looked me in my face and said, "Ma!!" My heart melted. =)
    Hands down the best thing that happened all week….make that all month!

My only hope is that I look like you after a baby.

• ACNimmons says:

Spent some time with the folks and my little sister went to prom! I did her makeup and she was gorgeous! πŸ™‚

• MissS says:

Shaka H.

The best thing that happened to me this week is that I have started to fall in love with my hair which I bc'ed last Saturday after a year's transition. After baggying consistently overnight I have started to see those kinks coils and curls and I absolutely love it.

• Amber Dunlap says:

Hey Nik! Love the site! My daughter 8 year old daughter Sydney, who is in Special Education and has had speech and learning difficulties/delays, passed her standardized testing on target for the average 2nd grade score in math and reading. Last year she was behind. She will go on to third grade next year! The best news ever. I cried in her IEP!

• Candace says:

Candace W.

Best thing that happened to me is that I completed my last day of law school yesterday. I'm an attorney at the age of 25 πŸ™‚

• Kim Renee says:

The best thing that happened to me this week was watching my 6yr old son graduate from kindergarten and receiving an outstand achievement award in reading. It felt like yesterday I was struggling to puuuuuuusssssshhhhhhh and get him out of me. Now he's off to the 1st grade (tear).

• Keely says:

Good Morning Nikki and dem πŸ™‚

I had THE BEST WEEK EVER! Several amazing things occured that I'd love to share with everyone.
    I took the opportunity to reflect on everything negative in my life. Sounds like torture, right? The point in doing this was to weed out what the sources were and to eliminate them. I realized that I held the hurt and was the bag lady I never wanted to be. From this I started my forgiveness process to hopefully renew relationships that I felt caused me harm and also to get peace that I had been seeking in other ways for years. It's so simple to be happy and it's almost embarassing to think that I was the one stunting my life progression. In the midst of my spiritual exploration, I took my new approach to life and applied it to my career. I will start culinary school in a couple of months and I couldn't be happier. Funding was always an issue for me when it came to college and I found out that I qualified for a state funded (100% funded) program that is going to put me through the program and provide career references. It's a dream come true to be able to do exactly what I want AND make money doing it.

With shedding my old hair habits (3 months New Transitioner) and taking on this natural hair adventure I was able to dump resentment, hurt, baggage and gain a new approach to life and a new career that I am soooooooooooooo excited for!

Thank you for this site, it's one of my positive additions to my daily routine.

~ Keely

• Mishi B says:

The best thing that happened to me was walking across the stage to receive my Masters DEGREE!!! Yayy!! πŸ™‚ all smiles, and my hair looked FAB! while doing it :)- Michelle B

• Mishi B says:

The best thing that happened to me this week was that I walked across the stage to receive my Masters DEGREE!!! πŸ™‚ All smiles over here!! and my hair was fly while I did it πŸ™‚ Michelle B.

Best thing that happened this week…

I got to enjoy lunch with my husband. But they took so long delivering our food that they said next time we visit the meal would be free. But the best thing was spending time alone with my husband not just free food! πŸ™‚

Chasity

• Melissa says:

The best thing that happened to me was receiving a breakthrough from God on what forgiveness really means. In this broken world we can't expect justice. We can only choose to forgive those who have wronged us. We can't take on the role of punisher because that hinders our witness of Christ's love! That's the best thing that has happened to me because I'm on my way to freedom!!

• tjb says:

The best thing this week…knowing that I will have the whole weekend free to spend with my hubby!! Can't wait!

• Latasha M. says:

The best thing that happened to me this week was celebrating my 26th bday!! Lordy Lord, 30 is quickly approaching…but as always I'm blessed to see another year and even more blessed to spend it with people that love me as much as I love them πŸ™‚

• nicole b says:

i got a job in my field (engineering) !!!!!!!

• Latasha M. says:

The best thing that happened to me this week was celebrating my 26th Bday!! Lordy Lord, 30 is quickly approaching…but as always I'm blessed to see another year and even more blessed to spend it with people that love me just as much as I love them πŸ™‚

• Tea Wash says:

This week I graduated from undergrad; Oprah was our commencement speaker and I serendipitiously got to meet and take a pic with her! #winning

• Tea Wash says:

This week I graduated from undergrad; Oprah came to speak at our commencement and I serendipitously met her and got to take a pic with her!!

• CurlyChellez says:

Best thing that happened to me all week, is that I got to catch up with plenty of friends that I have not seen in awhile #goodtimes

@CurlyNikki: I will most definitely find that book! Thanks so much for the kudos and book suggestion. You're a sweetheart!

Betty

• ChicaRizada says:

The best thing that happened to me this week was my grandmother finally being being discharged from the hospital! She's been in it for nearly a month after being diagnosed with advanced ovarian cancer, getting a case of pneumonia, and coming close to death. She'll be in rehab for a while, but I'm so grateful that God''s keeping my Nana here for a little longer.

• Annabel says:

The best thing that happened to me this week: had a 20 min conversation in spanish…# lessons finally sinking in!

Hello, Nikki. I've read your blog for awhile now but just began posting comments. I must say that you are a beautiful woman. Your vacation photos are awesome! My favorites are the one with the 4 shadows, the magnificent one with you with the mountain in the distance, and the one with you holding the camera–your expression is very funny! Thanks for sharing your Brazilian experience with your followers.

Are the Brazilians really as down-to-earth as they appear in the pics?/Jean

• AcecentriclyNatural says:

Best thing that happened to me this week is I was blessed to pay ALLLLLLL my bills early. So I went and had a few (4) 2-4-1 margaritas with some friends to celebrate… The little excite me.. : )

• Tee~Blahnick says:

Best thing that happened to me this week:just came back from helping at a breast cancer awareness fundraiser. #grateful!

• BETH says:

The best thing that happened to me this week is being able to get up each morning and hug on my family members. I went to a church service on Tuesday and got a word that I needed to hear, "Divine Perspective"! What I got out of the message is that there shouldnt be a such thing as jealousy and how you should respect a person that is "ahead" of you and/or who has a calling on their life, they may be able to help you get to where you need to go in the long run. Oh and somebody even hit my driver's side rearview mirror off and I was still happy and not pissed off… LOL! I got it fixed today though and I was excited about that.

• Carla says:

The best thing that happened to me this week was…I got an interview.

• Tamera Adjei says:

Tamera A.

Best thing this week-am I only allowed to choose one? Okay, I will play by the rules, my best thing is that I found out the details on when and where I will be starting my dietetic internship. Like Goapele, I am getting closer to my dreams, of being a registered dietitian that is. #rd4me

• Rimi says:

Best thing: finding out me and the BFF are gonna be hitting up the Atlanta Jazz Festival this weekend…can't wait!

• Renee says:

Digging all the pics from Brazil!
    The best thing that happened this week was going to see the Avengers movie with a good friend of mine. This lady kept giving us side-eye during the previews because we were talking and making jokes.

• koko says:

Korenn L.
    Best thing that happened to me this week..a realization that what happening or what someone is doing to me should not affect my ability to stay focus and be positive about the outcome
    #a bag of wisdom

• Mei says:

Best thing that ever happened to me? Not only did I talk to a random lady in a parking lot for nearly an hour on why she should go natural, but I did some gambling with my grandmother, let's just say, the old school still got it in em!

• shannon r. says:

The BEST THING that happened to me this week as to be….the reassurance from God and my family (my hubby, 5yr old and 2 yr old) That I'm doing a fantastic job of being a provider for my family. and that what I do may go un-noticed but never un-appreicated.

BTW: You look amazing. Body jealousy!!!

• Unknown says:

The best that happened this week for me was after my looooong and exhausting jobsearch I GOT AN INTERVIEW (YAAAAY…WOOHOO!!) it's not a definite hire but HEY! it's a start so i'm happy πŸ™‚

• Natasha says:

I went to a health screening and was told that all levels (cholesterol, weight, glucose, etc.) were healthy, an improvement from back in September! My hard work of eating healthy and exercising more regularly paid off!

• Unknown says:

The best thing that happened to me this week is when I got stopped at church and asked for step by step directions on how I did my hair. It always feels amazing when others think your hair looks great too.

Best thing that happened to me was experiencing my last day of high school. In a week I well be graduating πŸ™‚

• Mariah Ash T. says:

Ms.Nikki you look great!
    The best thing that happened to me this week was getting an A on Chemistry honors final, finally being able to convince my mom to letting me drive, and no longer being classified as an underclassman!

• Carmesha says:

Best thing that happened to me was finding out that my closing costs on my first home would be a few thousand $$ less than I thought.

• Morgan says:

The best thing that happened to me this week occured while I was at work yesterday. I'm an assistant manager of a retail store and earlier in the week we had a store meeting about how comfortable our customers feel when they come in. That's our goal! Anyhow, while I was at work yesterday an elderly woman entered who I've seen from time to time when she has to pay her credit card bill. During our casual conversation she told me how she hadn't been feeling well lately and she has to go to the doctor… and she's scared. She told me she's getting to "that age" since she's 79, almost 80 ( Never would've guessed because she is always looking FABULOUS). After a minute or two of chatting she raised her sunglasses and tears started rolling down her face.As I handed her a tissue my heart skipped a beat. She told me she appreciated me SO much and apologized for crying. After I gave her a hug and a gentle rub on the arm she proceeded to leave the store and I told her to come back after she goes to the doctor so she can fill me in…

Why is this the best thing that happened to me all week? She really touched my soul. She made me realize that my job is so much more than just getting a good sale. She opened my eyes to seeing how much I really enjoy what I do. From this day forward I will always come into work ready to make a difference in someones life. πŸ™‚ My week is complete.

Morgan G.

• Stephanie D says:

The best thing that happened to me was realizing that my happiness should come first.

• Stephanie D says:

The best thing that happened to me this week was realizing that I need to put my happiness first and take care of myself before I can love anyone else.

• silverknowledge says:

Best thing this week. woke up this morning to low/almost no water pressure instead of freaking out hubby & i took bird baths in the tub & was both 1 hr late for work. πŸ™‚ It's the little things that count. turned a potentially bad day into a pretty funny one! #reconnected

• Madison Sanders says:

I got an internship at NBC Universal this week. The best part? I wore my natural hair to the interview!

• Unknown says:

It was definitely time for the "Percolater" He was getting low. I'm still over here cracking up. Let's see I think the best thing is the simple fact that I finally made Steak without it being TOUGH. WHo says women cant cook them heavy meats. So Toot Tood (had to toot my own horn), I can finally tell him to Top that, bc I think my steak was even juicier than his.
    -Kanishia

• pearlsandcurls37 says:

This has been the best week of my life…I graduated from med school…partied for 3 days straight…moved to Illinois….and I'm about to pack my bags for my San Fran/Vegas vacation (thanks mom)! I couldn't ask for a better life! #BlackGirlsDoingIt

Nekaiya

• Chimsom says:

I've finally begun to change my lifestyle for the better!! I eat healthier, do my workouts, and drink a lot of water. I feel better and I'm beginning to look better too!! Imma get your abs Nikki, lol!!!!;)

• Sunshinecurls says:

I applied for a position and received a call for a second interview next week!!!

• Faith says:

School is finally out, lol!!!:) Go SUMMER!

• nigerianprincessXD says:

I completed one week of my bodyrock workouts! It's tough, but it's worth it!:)

• Faith says:

School is finally out, lol!!!:) Go SUMMER!

• brownskynlady says:

Ashli T.

The best thing that happened to me this week was dancing at my church on Sunday. It went perfectly.

• Fatty B. says:

I witnessed my only niece graduate from high school. They grow up too fast, darnit!! :,)

• ambientair says:

–Ashley H.–

Hey Nikki! i am a first time comment-er!… The best thing that has happened to me this week is I GOT A JOB today! I will be working with kids and adult clients in the mental health field. #firstjoboutofcollege

• Flo says:

Best thing that happened to me was reading a book that has inspired me to take risks. I already feel like a stronger me this week. Thankful.

• Spokenheart says:

i'm pretty sure I have a tie, one has happened already, one will be happening on Saturday
    a)I went parasailing with my gf for my birthday which was pretty amazing
    buuutttt….
    b)this saturday I will be having my book signing for my first published book and though it has not occurred yet i'm sure it will be equally exciting

• Spokenheart says:

well i think i have a tie but the thing is one of them hasn't happened yet
    a) i went parasailing with my gf for my birthday which was the most amazing experience ever
    buuuutttt……
    b) i am having my book signing for my first published book this weekend and it hasn't happened yet but im sure it will be equally exciting as the parasailing….

• Spokenheart says:

best thing that has happened to me this week was going parasailing with my gf for my birthday! but my book signing for my first published book is this weekend so it hasn't happened yet and they ay very well be the best thing if you ask me next week

• janubie says:

I passed my first qualifier exam, which was in demography! Which means I'll be admitted into the Office of Population researcher and graduate with a Phd concentration in Demography!
    It was such a long journey, my skills had to get on steroids!

raquel r.

best thing that happened to me was completing my first entry into a 'call for manuscript' contest. i think i've finally started my journey as a writer

• hairscapades says:

We see you Nik!!! What baby scars? You're bugging!! LOL!! Look at those abs! Dang girl!!

Anywho, best thing that happened this week is that my BFF called to give me free tickets to see A Streetcar Named Desire on Broadway! Nicole Ari Parker was A-MAH-ZING!! And Blair Underwood was ripped! You should have heard the hisses, sighs, and "Damns!!" that were coming from the ladies in the audience when he took off his shirt. It was hilarious. But, the best part? When "Stella" bent down into the audience towards the climax of the play and demanded some rude patron's cell phone that was lit up. "Give it to me" she said. And they did and she pocketed it and then went on with the scene … which was almost the climax of the play!!

Shelli

• Jennifatu Crowther says:

The best thing that has happened to me this week is that I received a scholarship from the American Women's Society of CPA's of NJ! I am very honored that I received this award, and now I will be able to take the prep courses I need to enhance my knowledge before I start taking the CPA Exam!

• bonni says:

The best thing this week?! Starting bar prep…yes, it sucks, but it's better than trying to take the bar without it! It's just another step toward an awesome future! You are making me want to take a post-bar trip to Brazil!!!

• bonni says:

This comment has been removed by the author.

• bonni says:

This comment has been removed by the author.

• Nicole Davis says:

The roomies and I took a mini-roadtrip to Good Harbor Beach on Sunday. It's about time for the East Coast to have consistently warm weather. Summer summer summertime : )

• Curly G.R.I.T.S. says:

One of the best things that happened this week is that today is one day closer to the last day of school. I teach middle school and if the last day doesn't come soon some baby mama 'bout to be sans baby! LOL

• Stacy says:

The best thing that happened to me this week was having a bit of an epiphany and FINALLY deciding where I want to focus on, career-wise. This is something that has been stressing me for some time now. Funny thing is, this exactly what I wanted to do back when i was much younger and had huge dreams! Now, those dreams may just become my reality =)

• Tiffany A. Woods says:

Just started running with Black Girls Run! Trying to get my sexy back! Ha ha … Enjoy your vacation, wish I was there!

• Netta T. says:

The best thing that happened to me this week was that I have a super strong chance of getting a job after being unemployed for almost 2 months due to having to move cross country from a really messed up living situation.

• Chelonthia says:

two of the best things that happened ere holding my newborn niece and getting back into school!!

che

• Kristen Kenner says:

The BEST thing that happened to me this week was being selected from a pool of hundreds of applicants to be 1 of 23 college students to receive the LAGRANT Foundation Scholarship!

I just got back from Washington DC were the recipients had a hands on Communication and Networking Workshop and an Awards Program/Reception…Best week of my life, it was my first ever scholarship!

Here's the site to see me and the other scholars: lagrantfoundation.org

• Valentina F. says:

The best thing that happened to me this week was being able to spend some long-overdue quality time with old neighbors and children I used to babysit, who have now grown into well mannered young adults. Reminiscing about old memories was so refreshing.

Best thing about this week….I think the baby moved today. (I'm in 2nd trimester)mOf course, could have been gas:) Either way, I'm super excited.
    DK

• aroundthewaycurl says:

The best thing that happened to me this week was being off Friday and spending a long weekend with my husband…alll while rocking my first wash and go that was inspired by you, Nikki.

• Mz. Tatiana says:

I'm a kindergarten teacher for a charter school, and this week we had end-of-year math testing. We scored the tests yesterday, and I can say that the best thing that happened to me all week, was seeing one of my kids who struggled so much with math at the beginning of the year receive a 98% on the test.

• Christina J. says:

This week my wonderful mother threw a graduation party for me (Class of 2012!!!!!) and had tons of my family and friends over with great food and fun!

The best thing that happened to me this week was feeling my baby boy kick from the out of my belly! I was so excited lol πŸ™‚ also i started a new job this week which is wonderful because its a great company and higher pay :P. God is good all the time.

The best thing that happened to me this week was that i figured out that next year, i can create my own fashion show at my school for my resume! Also, i'm doing cornrows on myself and two of my teachers asked me to do braids on them! Also, my BFF figured out what she wants to be when she is older! and all of this happened in 2 days….. isn't God great???!!

• Sinceremami says:

The best thing that happened to me this week is my boyfriend coming down to visit me and we both got pedicures and had a great dinner than came home to watch a nice movie together with my family.

• RebellePuella says:

The best thing that happened to me this week was a saving grace(shopping).My track team and I are in Florida and while being annoyed day to day we finally got up and went shopping this morning where I found the most talkative sales-lady in Bakers Shoes retail store hahaha! She talked me into buying a pair of shoes opposite the color i wanted. When i tried them on my eyes glowed at my fresh tan and those chunky heeled yellow and brown summer heels!! -Best day so far.

• Natural Sunshine says:

Best thing that happened this week- off on Friday & Monday and will spend a little QT time with my hubby, family and friends. So looking forward to a 4day weekend. ;0)

Siobhan S.

• Natural Sunshine says:

This comment has been removed by the author.

• LovelyB says:

The best thing that happened to me was getting approved for financial aid so I was able to start summer classes (1 week down 4 to go!) and receiving full financial aid for the fall!

Bianqa
    [email protected] [email I used to sign up for romwe.com]

• Curltastic Nia says:

The best thing that happened to me this week is finding out that I was finally accepted to the college I wanted to transfer to.

There was an issue because of my GPA, but after pleading and working out a deal, I was finally accepted and shall be attending this fall!!! I'm sooo excited! ^__^

• Unknown says:

The best thing to happen to me this week was: God spoke to me and told me that everything will be restored: my marriage(2 years divorced)and we are reconciling. I'm in love with my soulmate again.

• One Stop Home Repair says:

The best thing that happened to me this week is my baby girls K-4 promotion ceremony (tear, tear) she is headed to kindergarten, in all her natural fabulousness!!!

• BlondeByDesire says:

The best thing that happened to me this week – my dermatologist recommend a good arse acne cleanser for my face/back and I saw immediate results. So I'm pretty darn happy. I've been looking for a cure my backne for a minute and this just just might be it.

• kimpaur says:

The best thing that happened to me this week is my graduating Cum Laude, and then getting to spend time with my boyfriend ofone year!It's funny because he, my half brother who I hadn't seen in AGES, and I are all officially graduates!!!!Class of 2012!!!!!!

• Tiara J says:

The best thing that happened to me is that I made the Best qualified list for a job I wanted in my dream city. I haven't got it, but I get a chance for an interview. Super hyped. I'm really praying I make a good impression and the job is mines.

• Likkle Miss says:

best thing to happen to me this week is I finally started the process of applying to grad school after my stepdad said he'll pay for it. So grateful, I thought I'd never go back to school cause I couldn't afford it.

• honeybrown1976 says:

Being invited to my son's Seventh Grade Honors assembly!!!! For a black child, let alone a male, in an affluent, white Los Angeles suburb to get accolades from teachers and peers is simply awesome.

• Lequida says:

I was chosen to participate in a 2 hr opinion study and made a fast $200!!!

• imaboutthatNATURALlife says:

Well, I finally achieved a killer twist out and just so happened to find 20$ on the street. I should be feeling guilty someone is $20 short but hey, there is no lost and found for the street.

The best thing that happened to me this week was getting a job interview for a great job! πŸ™‚

• Ayisha B says:

The best thing that happened to me this week is I found the diplomacy to finally let my manager know what I think of her controlling ways. And that in the last 4 years I have proven to this organization that I am a capable, reliable and competent employee with a strong work ethic…now back the hell off!!!

• Carlton says:

Best thing that happened to me? I found out coconut oil is not for my hair and I have been using it religiously for a year now!

• Dallas Landrum-Martin says:

"C-section scar chic" = awesome. Thankfully they cut mine *super* low!

Best thing to happen this week..last day of school for the kids and the baby boy graduated from Kindergarden!–Nicole P.

• BritB says:

Speedos might could be growing on me :-). Best thing to happen to me? Well I recently got into law school and a scholarship to boot. But just this week I found out that I got another scholarship for a law school bootcamp of sorts for here in Chicago. Free money is always great ain't it Jay?!

• TTsGurlBB says:

The best thing that has happened to me this week is finding out I aced my MBA courses for this semester. Woohoo!!! 4 classes to go. God is good.

• B. Allen-Nichols says:

After a night out with my girls, whilst walking back to our designated vehicles we just happened to run into my first love and his friends. It was the first time he and i had spoken in ages, and it felt like no time had passed! Now we have plans this holiday weekend! Gotta love good karma! Definitely the best thing that happened to me this week!!

• Toni says:

Avoided going back to a man who is no good for me. It's amazing how God intercedes and makes things happen on our behalf.

• Raisa says:

The best thing that happened to me this week was me starting my summer associate position at a large law firm. I have been in school for the past 6 years-1 more to go-and it felt really good to begin my career in law after studying so hard for these past 6 years. My dream is taking shape.

• adia h says:

The best thing that happened to me this week was waking up every day to see another day. I'm just happy to be alive

• ebonylatrice says:

The best thing that happened to me this week was my brother returning home from his army base in north carolina!!! I haven't seen him since january and it was a great surprise for me and my mom. My birthday is next month and I'm looking forward to all of us spending family time.

• Amy Rashawn says:

The best thing that happened to me this week is that I got moved up to a full -time position at my job for the summer. This is gonna help me save something for my ridiculously expensive grad school program.

The best thing that happened to me this week was I participated in a AIDS fundraiser during which I took four intense spinning classes back to back for a total of four hrs. and survived. Only 4 people out of a total of 100 were able to complete this challenge.
    Two days later I ran 10 miles in the shortest time I have ever done so. It was a reminder that I am blessed enough to have my health when so many others are challenged with health issues (or simply do not cherish theirs the way they should).

Health and fitness are everything! There is no substitute for a truly fit body and a strong mind!!

Keri

• Tabredmond says:

The best thing that happened 2 me dis week was while rocking my mohawk of da week my two co-workers 1 who has been growing out her hair wanting 2 go natural decided that she is doing da big chop dis weekend (i'll be there to hold her hand) she also downloaded the curlynikki app 4 her iphone. The 2nd thing well a white guy came n & due to the every 3 week hair change did not recognize me well 2 make a long story short he took a pic of the mohawk only 2 then realize he has over 6 pics of me n his phone with different Mohawks so we r going 2 try 2 start a blog called well dnt wanta say the name b/c wouldn't want sum1 else 2 get the url b4 we. So ive converted a friend n2 a happy nappy & made a possible business venture yeah me……I really am happy to be nappy

• luvmyboys says:

The best that happened to me this week was my baby boy turned 6 on Sunday and graduated from 5K today. Also he gave me some hair styles to wear and I rocked my fauxhawk to his graduation looking fly. He said "Mommy you look good!"

• DiscoveringNatural says:

Best thing that happened to me this week.. I'm finally getting better from being sick for a week. Was able to go to the gym and work up some GOOD sweat! ~discoveringnatural.blogspot.com

• Jada07 says:

The best thing that happened to me this week is I made it back safely from vacation and home to my wonderful husband who I missed while I was away.

• Susana O. says:

As a newly graduated college alum, the best thing that happened to me this week was going out to celebrate my graduation with family. It was also our very first hibachi experience and it was pretty cool. Fun times!

• Ashanti M says:

The best thing that happened to me this week was being invited to lunch with the CFO of Northern Trust…given that I'm a junior at the #2 school in my state, I'm making pretty big strides towards my future. This summer I will be employed by Northern Trust through the work study program at my school, working throughout my senior year.

• RenaJ says:

The best thing that happened to me this week was cuddling and talking to my sweetie. I swear that man is my best and only true friend.

P.S. Girl, you know you look good in that bikini. Stop playing.

• SuZQ says:

The best thing that happened to me this week was getting into a graduate school I actually want to attend and seeing Ipanema beach on this blog. I get to remember the first time I heard Girl from Ipanema and my friend and me dancing and mouthing the words around her room. It was a very good time. ^_^

The best thing that happened to me was an altercation I got into that resulted in a physical fight and and injured eye! WTH..you may say?

But I learned a valuable lesson from this experience! I was hanging around people that I knew I shouldn't have!!! When you think of friends and family. You don't usually think of people that would hurt you. But guess what? It happens!!!

This incident gave me that push I needed to FINALLY "weed out" if you will those negative people that I sometimes associated with.

Most importantly I've learned that everyone who enters your life isn't always meant to stay there!

• simply_shan says:

the best thing that happen to me week was that i got lost of complients on my first twist out. i was really nervous because it didn't exactly turn out the way i planned!

• Famince F. says:

The best thing to happen to me this week was to graduate from THE GREAT Morgan State University with my B.S. in Bio! It was a long road, but the light at the end of the tunnel was receiving my degree!

Drove from DC to ATL to celebrate my brother graduating from high school and attending Oberlin College in the fall.

Erika H.

• LifenotesEncouragement says:

The best thing – coming home after witnessing my son graduate from college and celebrating my dad's 80th birthday.

• Tgoodmill says:

Gurl Please with the C section scar WHAT SCAR "side eye" you want to see my scar lol

the best thing that happened to me is I found 50.00 in my old purse! I like holy crap !

• Starr says:

This may be cheeky, but the best part of my week was deciding to make next month " no buy " month. No shopping ALL month! So winning that dress would be sort of an award of sorts.

• Nicole T. says:

The best thing that happened to me this week was that I finally got up the courage to ask my manager about a promotion! I'm still waiting on a definite answer, but I'm so happy I stepped out of my comfort zone to get what I want! πŸ˜€

• Andrea H. says:

Not much excitement in my life this week…but the best thing this week will be getting off work early tomorrow to start the long holiday weekend.

• nkm says:

I got caught in the rain which led to an impromptu dinner with a new friend and great conversation
    -nkm

The best thing that happened to me this week is my hubby got a job offer. #tiredofbeingbroke

• TMoneak says:

The best thing that happened to me this week was going to my 9 yr old daughter's first school program!! (and mine too as a mommy)

• Meryl says:

The best thing that happened this week was going to my brother's girlfriend's graduation party, and he randomly proposing to her in front of all of our family and friends! We were so surprised, everyone was crying and it was just beautiful. Also, I don't have a sister and finally I'll have one now! Woooo good times (-: I'll also be celebrating a full year of being natural in a month too, but that's besides the point. Doesn't mean I'm not happy though!

I won a contest at my part time job and 1. didn't know there was a contest going on 2. I didn't do anything that was require to win. I won 15 bucks! It's not a Oprah giveaway but I don't have to buy my own coffee for like 2 weeks! AJstarfish84

• Shaylajbsongbird says:

The best thing that happened to me this week was that I got to babysit (overnight might I add) my 5-month old godson yesterday. Hes so sweet! My first taste of motherhood. And Im happy to report that we're all still alive and well lol πŸ™‚

• Cinni says:

The best thing that happened to me this week was completing my first of ni in the UK. Finished it big with my end of year dance performance & some of my course mates bought me a bottle of wine as a thank you gift for doing the lights for their show!

• B. Jones says:

The best thing that happened to me this week had to be finding a new and upcoming beautician in my city to do some braids on my hair. I oddly enough met her Twitter and she just opened up a shop so I find that pretty exciting.

• JazzyCoils says:

Me, my husband and kids just relocated back to our home state. We moved in our custom built home paid in full and my son scored a 1960 on the SAT first time out. So proud of him!

JJB.

Adinah J.

The best thing that happened to me this week was slipping and falling on my behind at work- Why? Because the boo thang has been going above and beyond to ensure my comfort until the bruise on my rear clears up and I can bend down again lol!

• Tamisha H says:

The best thing that happened to me this week is realizing that I am loved. Especially by the only one who matters, God! <3

• Quaneasha W. says:

The best thing that happened to me this week was waking up and breathing. lol Not much excitement going on for me until my wedding in December so I would love to win a giveaway!!

~Quaneasha W.

• sopretty20 says:

The best thing that happened to me this week has been the realization of how blessed I am. Having things we take for granted, such as a roof over our heads, food on our table, jobs, people who love us, and internet access of course!

• Chicentrix says:

The best thing that happened to me this week was the calm after the storm. I was initially in complete meltdown mode b/c of the passing of my paternal Grandmother. Thoughts about time flying and not having a great relationship with her had me feeling…just down; and panicking about my future and career. But this morning, I awoke grateful. As I washed the dirt out of my hair, it was like I was also washing away stress. I can reflect on my Grandmother’s life, not in judgment; instead I can review her as a woman, like me, that makes mistakes, but that birthed generations. I am grateful that she was born and created my father that created me. I now have one grandparent left, and I vow to have the least amount of regrets regarding her. Peace Everyone.

~KGW

• Shanti W. says:

I'm on a fitness journey to tone up and I am doing Brazil Butt Lift 6 days a week combined with eating clean. Everything has firmed up and I've lost 2 lbs this week! Best thing that happened to me this week because my hard work is paying off slowly but surely πŸ™‚

• Alicia says:

Um, what scar??? Your stomach is so flat, I'm jealous! I haven't had a baby and my junk and nowhere near as tight as yours! Looking good girl!

Anyway, one of the best things that happened to me this week was I received my official offer letter for my promotion.

The best thing that happened to me this week was getting my passport! It is my very first one and I'm so excited because I will be traveling overseas on a Missions Trip to make God famous in China! πŸ™‚

• Maureen Myrtil says:

The best thing that happened to me this week was that I felt some direction from the Lord in my grad school plans and am now researching my next potential school and am applying for this upcoming cycle.

• NaturalMommyinGA says:

The best thing to happen this week was the fact that my hubby is HOME! He is in the Air Force Reserves and was away for training. Although he was only 5 hrs away (near my hometown)and we saw it each other frequently. There is nothing like having him home!!!

• Toniesha says:

You know, the best thing that happened to me this week just happened about an hour ago. My mother has been on drugs now for the majority of my life (I will be 26 next month). She was clean for 7 years straight before relapsing 4 years ago and for the past 2 years she's been heavy in her addiction, the worst I've seen her. Before I decided to turn my life over to God last April, I was extremely angry and resentful towards my mom, and I didn't even want anything to do with her.. but God's plans are greater than our own and He revealed to me that He wanted to use me to restore my family. So even in the midst of me not understanding, I continuously interceded and prayed for my mom. I would extend grace and patience and love towards her, even when I didn't FEEL like it.

To get to the point, my mother called me about an our ago crying hysterically and just thanking and praising God. I cried with her and prayed and thanked God, and before I knew it, we were BOTH speaking in tongues. My mom shared with me that she is ready to stop running and she wants to commit herself completely to God, and when I say that is an ANSWER TO MY HEART'S CRY, I mean it! God is so faithful! He may not always do things in our timing, but HIS ways are perfect, and I am so thankful for what He is doing, and is going to do for my mother and our relationship.

Sorry so long lol. You all have a blessed week.

Yesterday was my birthday and the best thing I did was hang out with my family and friends. My cousins came in town and we got together with my friends and went to dave and busters, then a cool night club. πŸ™‚ pretty fun night

-Tynese St.Cyr

• ashley says:

The best that happened to me this week was my first official sonogram where we got to see our little jelly bean and hear its heartbeat! I almost cried… almost. The experience definitely gave me a focus and drive to be the best mommy that I could ever be to my little peanut πŸ™‚

• Kweezie says:

Best thing that happen to me was that me and my husband agreed to start trying for me a little buggie….#bestweekever

• LydiaRBS says:

The best thing that happened to me this week is that I went through something that was breaking me down mentally and most of all spiritually, I have come out of it with a new perspective that will change my life forever. Blessed!

• Pecancurls says:

Nik, you are rocking that bikini girl with your bronzed self! I consider anything from my two c-sections to be an exit kiss from my boys as they left their first home —- my womb. πŸ™‚ The best thing that happened to me this week was attending orientation with my 10 year old who got accepted to a very competitive middle school program!

Best thing that happened to me this week was my family woke up happy, healthy and blessed beyond measure every single day πŸ˜‰
    Sheena M

• Ice says:

Ieshea Young

The best thing to happen to me this week is my kids being out of school for the summer so I can finally sleep until I want to get up and not be awakened by two different alarms at two different times #sleepingbeautydontwakeme

• JessLuv says:

The best thing that happen to me this week is that I spoke with an old friend that I have not spoken with in years! He is in the Navy, so our conversation lasted for hours!!! #highschoolsweetheart!! πŸ™‚

• marianela says:

The best thing that happened to me this week is that my daughter was accepted into a charter school that is really nice and near our house. I was commuting 45min-1hr away from our house because our neighborhood school is really bad and I prayed to the Lord Jesus to grant us a school that was closer to our area that was also a great school for my daughter and he blessed us with this charter school. Thank you Lord for you are always faithful. By the way I love the hat and those beaches, it reminds me of the animated movie Rio. πŸ™‚

• Ice says:

This comment has been removed by the author.

• watkinsabob says:

I paid off my student loans today!!

• Adrienne Smith says:

The best thing that happened to me was spending the day with my girlfriend on her day off. Simple but I really missed her. The day was filled with sushi & fun πŸ˜‰

• srednov says:

The best thing that happened to me this week was waking up one morning to find out that my hubby bought us tickets to go on a moonlight cruise. Something I have been wanting to do for years.

• Chels says:

The Best thing that happened to me to me this week…. I finished my freshman year at Howard University with a 3.9 GPA !!!! πŸ™‚

• Imani says:

the best thing that happened to me this week was hearing the good news I'd soon be out of texas and on vacation with my lovey πŸ™‚

• Sparkle Arts says:

Best thing this week – I got accepted into the Family Nurse Practitioner Program, a very competitive program at UMD. Woot!!! Woot!!!

• SryMsJax says:

I am a first year teacher and I just finished my first round of state testing. This week I found out my students had the highest scores for their grade level in the entire school. The best thing that happened to me was seeing the smiles on my kids' faces when they found out. I felt like a proud parent. πŸ™‚

• Sparkle Arts says:

Best thing this week – I got accepted into the Family Nurse Practitioner Program at the competitive program at UMD. Woot!!! Woot!!!

• BabyBZ says:

Best thing this week was that my husband took a vacation day and spent it with me! He works in the next state so between his shift and the hours of commuting, our time together is sparse. Our day consisted of breakfast at our favorite diner and a mini shopping spree. So blessed!

The best thing that happened to me was looking at those Brazillian hotties on the beach!! (Thanks for the pics. Oh and also I have 2 lined up interviews! finally jobs that I got a degree in!!

• ABRUNNIN says:

The best thing that happened to me this week: going to hang with my sister this memorial day weekend AND MY NATURAL UPDO HELD OUT & STILL HOLDING ON THROUGH 4 DAYS WORKING OUT HARDCORE *CUES WACKA FLOCKA HARD IN THE PAINT* !!!

The best thing that happened to me this week is being blessed to wake up every morning.

~ LOLBrittJ

• Yoli says:

The best thing that happened to me this week was an ice cream date with my 2 year old. Just her and I; it was great. We ate ice cream, chatted & laughed together πŸ™‚

best thing that happened to me this week… well i graduated from college on friday (YAY) and was awaiting my final grades. So on monday i found out that I finished school with a 3.0 GPA. I was estatic! Not only did I graduate, but I am the only one of my mom's 4 kids to go to college and finish and Im the middle child! KUDOS 2 ME LOL

MEMI t.

• Cee My Locs says:

The best thing that happened to me this week is that I got 2 job offers in an excellent setting and location. I recently obtained my master's degree and will begin my career. I had an interview with a company Tuesday and early in my interview she stated that she would be offering me a full-time job position. So blessed to have gotten this job opportunity and one that I feel will be a great entry level position.

Not as good as the 6 mile runner in the previous post but I was able to finally make 3 miles on the treadmill and not stop and that was a huge accomplishment for me!! So proud of myself..whoop whoop!! Oh and did it in 32 minutes!! Whoop!!

Taja C.

I've had a tough week so the best part of it was waking up daily, in my right mind. Thank you LORD!

Monica S.

• Lee says:

I ran 6 miles for the first time in my life this week! It was so sweet I usually run 4 then cool down, but for some reason I just kept going. Felt amazing!

• LaVerne says:

I have wanted a Keurig coffee maker forerevr…but did not want to get up off the money. My daughter surprised me with one yesterday. This dress would be great for her.

• Millis says:

As a proud Carioca (someone who is born in Rio de Janeiro), was a very grateful experience this week see through your eyes my beautiful city and mostly see you telling everybody so many good and funny things about it, and showing the best part of our way of life … that was so good … thank you so much Nikki !

The best thing that has happened to me this week was I GOT A JOB after being out of steady work since November!! I also got to talk to the girl I love so much briefly and I missed her!!

The best thing to happen to me this week was to help my niece celebrate her 13th birthday and I got to love on my one month old nephew.

ericabritt

Best thing to happen to me this week is a road trip to GA for the holiday weekend. This is major news because after having radiation brain surgery last year for a benign brain tumor (without family present), I developed some complications that caused me to have dizzy spells three separate times in April of this year. I was taken by ambulance 2x from my job, and once when I became too ill & was alone. The spells were crazy and left me unable to walk/stand, with speech problems, & a spinning head. My folks were really worried about me. This is my first trip home in such a long time, and they weren't able to be here as I struggled with these health issues. I'm excited to be able to embrace loved ones and for them to see that I am better & doing well. Taking a road trip home (and I live in the DMV so it's gonna be a whopper)is the best thing that's happened to me this week.

Love your site, the two-piece, and how in the world did you get a 6 pack? That's gotta be my next goal πŸ™‚ Keep up the good work. You have an entire league of followers πŸ™‚

Kishia Mechelle

• Unknown says:

The best thing that happened to me this week was that I got engaged!!! Yay!

• Unknown says:

Best thing that happened to me was my weekly wing night with my bestie.

• This comment has been removed by the author.

• crimsonpeach says:

Best thing this week. Dinner with old grad school friends. Always a great time.

• ohsolovelyrae says:

The best thing that happened to me this week was starting the couch to 5k running plan. I've been wanting to get in shape for forever. Now I'm actually serious and got my mind set on it. I wanna be able to wear a sports bra in public and not look crazy. ^_^

• JayCee says:

Several awesome things happen to me this week, which is unusual! The best would have to be partying it up with little sister after her High School graduation #proudbigsis!! Tied with that would be my soon to be father in law gifting us his commercial property and building for our own business ventures!!! God is AMAZING! =)

• Stephanie P. says:

I got a last-minute happy hour invite from some old co-workers where I discovered lemonade-flavored beer (better than it sounds) and chipotle tacos.

• jodi l says:

The best thing that happen this week was my b day (May 23) I was able to reflect on the past year and was proud of my self, I moved to a new state, started a new job, joined a great church, and blosom a new relationship with a very good friend of mine ;). It's always good to look back and reflect on the good times of the past year.

• TouShay1123 says:

The best thing to happen to me this week was seeing family that I haven't seen in in 10 YEARS!!! My uncle and his children moved from LI, NY to PA…HOURS AWAY! I was invited to a lovely wedding ceremony for my cousin and his now hubby (yay for gay marriage!) and required with a host of aunts, uncles, cousins and babies galor! My favorite part was reuniting with my uncle Dwight aka "Uncle McNasty". (He gets that title because he loves R Kelly and anything smooooove [email protected]). Lol. It was great seeing them all. Family reunions, especially when they are so far and few between seem to be just the thing to put life into perspective. Def my highlight of 2012. πŸ™‚

The best thing that happened to me this week was being able to encourage a friend who has a daughter that is having difficulty getting into college. We talked for a while about how God has different plans for us and our children than we have, and how we have to trust Him, though it is difficult at times! There have been many times when I needed encouragement, so it's great to be able to pass it on to someone else!

P.S.–That F21 romper is SO cute and that guys name was really Anderson Beyonce?!! Love it!

~caramelcurls

• Colette says:

Best thing for me is yet to come. Flying to Chicago for a Family graduation. My first post here as well. I have been lurking, and gathering as much info as I can for my natural (again) hair.

• Nicole Keith says:

For me the best thing that happened is week is the puppy I was adopting from my local shelter finally got better. My son's 3rd birthday is coming up so we adopted a puppy. The shelter allowed us to keep it there until my son's birthday. Last week they called me and said she wasn't eating and hasn't for a few days. They told me that we could look a some other dogs. On Tuesday I went to visit her and after a week without food she finally ate and yesterday she was a little playful. Seems silly but we love pets and my son loves dogs. This is supposed to be his big Bday gift so the news that she felt better and wasn't going to die was amazing.

• Simone H says:

The best thing that happened to me this week was finding a job on my company's intranet the ideal department that I wish to join and getting the go-ahead from my current supervisor to apply.

• Jeanine M. says:

The best thing that happened to me this week… Hubby and I found out we are having beautiful baby girl due Oct 10th. The smile on hubby's face when we found out was priceless, this is our first baby and we r so excited to meet her πŸ™‚

that dress is gorgeous!! and the best thing i did this week would have to be that i graduated from college!!! B.A. in psychology, biology minor πŸ™‚

• Nivi says:

This week is awesome! Do we have to do just one??? The best thing that has happened to me this week is having people being receptive of me rocking my natural hair! It's been in weaves for the past year and a half, partly because I was wary of people's responses and I wanted to grow my hair out. All the while attending a professional development trip and a fun vacation to the Florida Panhandle. New experiences – that is what summer is about!

• MsTommieg says:

The best thing that happened to me this week is I went to my first yoga class. I decided to go after having a bad day at work. I must say I felt so relaxed and centered afterward that Yoga is going to become a staple in my life!

• Karlyn says:

The best thing that happened to me was seeing my baby laugh for the first time! Not just smile, but actually crack up!

• Unknown says:

The best thing that has happened to me is that my son graduated and I am officially an empty nester. I need that romper to jump start and celebrate my new freedom. LOL
    -poeticlyspkng

• Sequitta J. says:

The best thing that happened to me this week was NATO being in Chicago over the weekend. I work downtown so for safety reasons, my job was closed on Monday giving me a long weekend and a "ME DAY!" Got a lot of stuff done that I had on the back burner and got to relax while everyone else in the house was at work! LOL!

Sequitta J.

• dvsvb1 says:

The best thing thing that happened to me this week was I signed up with coworkers to run my first 5k! YAY!! Maybe I'll be able to run a half marathon some day…

• FelicityRhode says:

The best thing that has happened to me this week has been tennis! I've played twice this week, and although I am SORE, I feel great. Getting all healthy on y'all πŸ™‚

• KristalA says:

The best thing that happen to me completing a 5k run in under 30 minutes. Also I got great 2nd day hair this week!

• Unknown says:

The best thing that has happened to me this week is that my relaxed ends were cut off. I am fully natural! I have been transitioning for 9 months and decided to cut my hair in the summer. This is a monumental part of my life. When my mom made her first snip of my hair I thought, "this is it. There is no going back." This has been quite a journey for me. I have wanted to go natural for a couple years now but I had to wear down my mother because she was dead set against my decision. It was very important to my self- image to stop relaxing and cut off my damaged hair. I wanted to embrace who I was fully so that if I ever have daughters that I can be a positive role model for them. I want them to grow up loving who God made them and not feel that they have to change because of societal pressures. Whatever decision they make I want them to have positive self image. My haircut also signifies the change that I have been going through since I entered college. In short I love my hair and will enjoy this twa stage for as long as it lasts.

The best thing to happen to me was my good performance review at work this week. Yes!
    Brittany
    [email protected]

• curlyT says:

Best thing that happened to me, is I got a response to a job I applied for like after 10mins !!!! Hope I get the job ! BTW thanks Nikki for posting that pic of that guy with the hot bod !!!!! Whooo Lawd !!!

• Danquinelle H says:

Danquinelle H.

The absolute best thing that happened to me this week is that as I was encountering an overdraft on my bank account, the bank's entire system for my state started to have issues, thus they are willing to credit back all overdraft fees that occurred during that time! PRICELESS!! literally!

The best thing that happened to me was that my mammogram came back negative! After going through breast cancer, and having a mastectomy 16 years ago, yet another year and I am cancer free! This is an absolute blessing! Thank God!
    Take care all of you lovely ladies, and you too Nikki!

• Citaluv says:

I received my performance development report from my manager and have been exceeding expectations. Along with that and loving my mini twists I did on Sunday, the week is going great.

• Jax says:

Best thing that happened to me this week was attending a mid-week service at church and hearing a word on faith that definitely made me re-evaluate how I've been living. Looking forward to making the changes and seeing how God continues to move in my life πŸ™‚

• Francesca says:

The best thing that happend this week…my 1st official week of summer break! Sleeping in, shopping, lunch dates with friends…I think i look forward to summer more than my students

• Ceph says:

The best thing that’s happened to me this week has truly been reading your daily posts about your Brazilian Holiday. Your experience has not only broadened my senses on the country but your carpe diem attitude to vacationing has taught me that life can be much more if we just seize the moments, live outside of our cocoons and open our hearts and minds to new things, places and people. GO WITH THE FLOW! I feel wide open . And I am truly grateful for this.

• The Mothership says:

Bought some nice six inch chunky booties. Wore them around NYC. Got mistaken for a famous model and was given the business card of several photographers. That was pretty neat.

Nikki T.
    Today I am able to wear a wash and go on my 4c hair that I am actually proud of! Feeling real fierce right now!! *two snaps #feelinmyself

Made road trip plans with my mom and my boyfriend to meet the other half of my family next week !

• Athena says:

I made it through a grueling workout and still had a smile on my face.
    cereza25 at yahoo dot com

• Corisma says:

I did my BC this week! My trusted almost hubby helped chop off BSL relaxed hair so now I'm rockin short natural curls!

Recently I left my job to pursue other interests, and this week I got a call back for an interview with a major media company!! Oh, and I'm only 23. πŸ™‚ Feeling very lucky and blessed.

• LDennis says:

I got an e-mail from someone usually very critical of everything congratulating me on a job well done at an event over the weekend!

• Polly Wolly says:

The best thing that has happened this week was getting approved for a student loan! That means I will graduate in August!:D

-Paula L

• KinkyKonscious says:

After enduring 2 1/2 weeks without water (I live and work at a college campus) the water came back on! Imagine having to walk to another building to shower and use the restroom! My mind, body and hair was sooooo happy! That was the best thing that happened to me this week.

• kmincey says:

Besting thing that happened all week was feeling like I'm making a difference at the place I volunteer so women can have healthy babies and having a job interview next week :)!!

• Malisia says:

The best thing that happened to me this week is just being able to wake up to a new day.

• QawanDee says:

The best thing that happened to me this week was getting suprised with flowers from my BF of 8 years!
    -Laqawanda D.

• Eboni says:

Best thing that happened to me all week?? Well, it hasn't happened yet, but my bloggie buddy Danielle got into town from NY last night, and we're having ladies night tonight! Can't wait!

best thing that happened to me this week was my boyfriend meeting my parents over dinner for the first time after 4 YEARS!!! just when i thought everything would go horrible everything went beyond perfect and they love love love him!!! SUPER STOKED πŸ˜€

• Asia says:

Last week I applied to be a fellowship regional organizer for Obama's campaign. On Monday, I got the call saying I was accepted I'm going to Columbus for 3 days in June for training!

• Kay says:

The best thing that happened to happen to me this week is this FOUR day weekend and road trip to Atl I'm about to indulge in with my best friend, my mom! πŸ™‚

• Steph O says:

We completed an important project!

-Steph O

Best thing that happened to me this week, the beach pics of those dudes you just uploaded–Shirl

Aw, shucks now…looking great in the 2 pc (nice bronze tan) and love the big a hat, got one like that myself and that last guy was HOT!!!!!!

Just like you I have a surgery scar, and the best thing that has happened to me this week is learning to embrace my scar! It is on my chest, so everyone can see it and for a while I was scared to wear tank tops and bathing suits. Now, I have learned that the scar is apart of who I am and it is what makes me beautiful!

-CurlyRose πŸ™‚

• Randi A. says:

The best thing to happen to me this week is my son turning eight today. I've been a mom for eight years. That seems os crazy and I'm amazed at how fast time has flown.

• LovelyCurls says:

Best thing this week…
    Finally being able to work a full 40hr work week…I need the money! My job cut me to 28hrs….the con of working for an oil company πŸ™

• MsDorsette says:

Yesterday was an all-around amazing day. First I got a voicemail from the sweetest voice ever (my nephew in Phoenix-I'm in MI) saying "thanks for the bday gift auntie, I love everything, I miss you!" Immediately after I hung up, damn-near teary eyed I look up to a friend surprising me with flowers and asking me to lunch…in front of all my co-workers. #WIN To end the day, boss let us off 30 minutes early for a staff appreciation event featuring amazing food and open bar.#MargaritaMachine Last but not least, I won $25 gift certificate in the event raffle. #Winning

the best thing that happened this week was my nephew was finally able to say my name. :)!!

• Janel says:

The best thing that happened to me this week was finally getting started on my research in Brazil (Bahia) and being able to communicate my interview questions better in Portuguese

• blofton88 says:

The best thing that happened to me this week was getting compliments on my first hand at a twist and go. I have just begun my journey of transitioning to natural hair and so far it has been going well. I'm sure a few months from now I won't be so optimistic about it, but for now I'm loving it.

• questlove says:

Lets see the best thing that happened to me was my 6mnth old pulling himself up on the couch and realized he was too far away and took two steps forward. I tell ya he keeps me busy like your boogie does.

• DesireΓ© says:

Signed up!!

The best thing thus far this week is that my baby girl completed 2nd grade – on the Honor Roll all year!!! We are so proud of her. And to top it off, she lost a tooth yesterday so she's rocking the cutest lil gappy grin!!!

• Jessica Vega says:

The best thing that happened to me this week was when I found the best deal on a playground swing ser for my kids. It was free! Seeing my 6 and 2 year old faces made it the best find ever. It made my day may have made my week.

Jessica Vega

• Dr.S says:

The best thing to happen to me this week(tomorrow) is graduating med school! Woot! Woot!

Best thing that happened to me was… I graduated from Spelman College, #1 HBCU in the country and leading school for producing the most successful black women in the world!!!

The best thing that happened to me this week: so far I have been staying on track with eating healthy. I turned down cake and ice cream at the job, I was so proud.

Miah M. (miah_23_ncb)

My daughter Zoe crawled on tuesday!! My mom and I saw her and of course I kissed her like 100 times lol. She just wanted the bag she was crawling to get. Anyways it was wonderful. Shes the main reason that I did the bc. I wanted her to know the real me :).

God bless

Monique Rushing Berkley

• CURLYNIKKI says:

@ALGray, Damn momma! Congratulations! I hope you get to really relish the moment before you hit the books again. So proud!

Alrighty ladies, I have to run but I'll be checking back in later tonight!!!

xx

p.s. reading all this good stuff is so fun! we should do this more often!

• CURLYNIKKI says:

@KimC, woot woot! I've seen the infomercials and want no parts of Insanity or P90x. You're a G!

@BrookeB., too cute!

• ALGray says:

After twenty one long years of school, I finally finished my formal education by graduating from the University of Virginia School of Law this Sunday!! Feeling so blessed!! Def the best thing that happened this week. (too bad it was slightly overshadowed by my bar prep class which began Monday … Lol)

• CURLYNIKKI says:

@Jhan, congrats! How are you planning to wear your hair?!

@Keisha, work it! Have fun! Where to?

@Ti'ana, I see you on your genius! #virtuoso

My oldest son just turned 3 on May 18 & he always called me mommy & now after turning 3 I guess he decided he is grown, now he just says mom which just tickles me.

Brooke B.

• Kim C. says:

Best thing that happened this week is my consecutive 4 day Insanity workout. tough but the results will be worth it! Sidenote: last yr I quit after day 1 lol #progress

• CURLYNIKKI says:

@Kudos, that's dope! Things happen for a reason!

@Anon, CONGRATS! IO Psych?! Make that paper booboo!

@Darcia, that's beautiful. I'd love to grow a garden but I kill everything, even bamboo.

@Anon, yay! glad you're liking it. when i get home, I'll get back on my game. Throw one back for me!

@Bobby, thanks!

@ForeverNatural, I'm sorry to read of your hubby's loss and I bet it's been just as tough on you. I'll pray for your family.

@Betty, that's major and I'm so excited for you. The only form of exercise I engage in regularly is walking… get the book 'French Women Don't Get Fat'… there are a lot of tips in there that I've adopted in the last 5 years and the corner stone of their healthy lifestyle is daily walks… not gym visits, not frequent weigh-ins, no low fat processed foods, just walking frequently and smaller portions of REAL food, lol.

Thanks for participating ladies!

• Jhan says:

The best thing to happen to me this week was starting the early phases of wedding planning. Good times! πŸ™‚

• Ti'ana Branham says:

This past week I found out I received a 101 on this music appreciation test I took! Being a Clemson University student, 100's are hard to come by so this truly was a blessing! Beautiful pics Nikki, glad y'all are enjoying your vaca πŸ™‚

• Keisha says:

I booked my vacation! # no explanation necessary

• Kudos says:

Yes to you in a two-piece and YES to the men on the beach!!
    Best think that happened to me this week…I was supposed to have an appointment for one-on-one help with my business plan. So I show up and am told that it was cancelled!! …"They didn't call you??" "No…" The lady who leads the whole program apologized and decided to sit down with me instead, share her time and give me a wealth of priceless information!! Thanks!

I finally got accepted into graduate school after applying for 2 years. This fall i will be enrolled in Hofstra University's Masters Industrial Organizational Psychology program!

— Shayna

• Darcia says:

Giving starter vegetable plants to a friend in need. It is always feels better to be a blessing.

I discovered green vibrance. ive taken it the past 3 mornings and i think im hooked. Love the boost that it has given me. I feel so much better!

• Bobby says:

Love it! You are working that two-piece bathing suit and enjoyed the pics of the brotha's especially of the two with the peace signs πŸ™‚

The best thing that happen to me so far was to be able to see my hubby smile again ( he lost his dad recently).

Forevernatural

Let's see, the best thing that happened to me this week: I just started walking this week for my health and for the first time in my life, I walked four and a half miles! This may not be a big deal to some, but for me it was a major accomplishment!

Betty