Chic High Bun Tutorial!

By January 27th, 202113 Comments
Chic High Bun Tutorial!

via AroundTheWayCurls

Shanti writes:

Here is the requested tutorial of my high bun. It is very simple and perfect for the summer weather. This bun requires some preparation before styling because to get the fullest volume for the bun your hair needs to be stretched and smoothed. I stretched my hair by putting it in two pigtails and braiding down the length while it was wet and allowing my hair to dry overnight in that style. For optimum smoothness I put a scarf on my head to make all the frizzies and fly away hairs lay down.
Enjoy!

How do you achieve your massively chic high bun?

i also love the bun! and the blouse too! i think that it might be either a mexican or hungarian embroidered blouse i've seen some similar ones on etsy and ebay, if you do google search you will likely find one. nia

• iri9109 says:

i do this all the time…i feel this way of doing it leads to a much more voluptuous bun lol

• Annie L. says:

Super pretty!

I NEED that blouse!

• Natural Beauty says:

Cool,defnitely going to try this.
    celebrateyournaturalbeauty.blogspot.com

I've got to try this style! Its super cute! Sidenote: The girl in the picture looks like Kourtney Kardashian in this photo:-)

Natural83

Cute I can't wait until my hair gets longer for me to do a high bun. This style I will go to when my hair grows out because I cut my heat damaged ends.

Megan Montgomery

• T Monique says:

Mine is a really messy bun but I use wondercurl whipped to stretch it and then put a elastic band in. I fold, tuck and pin it.

I use twist to stretch my hair & then I mist my hair a little with a mixture of water & conditioner just to dampen. I then put an oil on & a styler. I use my knee high & I use my friend bobby to hold in place.

Brooke B.

Love the tutorial AND the blouse. Where did you buy it?

• mangomadness says:

I love rocking high buns with my kinky coily hair! It's a simple, quick style that's also protective.

The method I use is similar to the one in the "Tutorial| My Natural High Bun" YouTube video by FusionofCultures [www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLo5DTtnj3k]

The differences between method and her's as as follows–I use Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque as a moisturizer, homemade flax seed gel, my hands (instead of a brush), a black knee high stocking (as a hair tie) and MetaGrip bobby pins.

• Curly Film Chick says:

I haven't watched the tutorial yet but that bun looks gorgeous!

Such a simple and elegant style. Shanti looks great!!
    I saw this on the Around the Way Curls Site a few days ago and LOOOOOOVEEEEEEDD iT!

Beautiful!