Some girls love them, some girls hate them, but they are one of the
easiest ways to change up your look. What am I talking about folks?
Bangs!! That’s right, bangs can be a girl’s best accessories! We’re not
talking about the terrible cuts of your younger years, but a more chic
and modern way to incorporate them into your curly hairstyles. Here are
some tips for styling curly bangs to transition your look from day to
How To Wear Curly Bangs
No matter if you have short hair, long hair or if you’re rocking an
updo, bangs are a great way to bring your curls front and center! The
beauty of having curly hair is that it’s so easily adjustable to pretty
much any style. You can create a more even curl pattern by braiding or
twisting your bangs and releasing them prior to your night on the town.
These free-flowing pieces will not only enhance your hairstyle, they’ll
aid in making your makeup and jewelry pop too!
If you’re like me and have longer, tighter coiled hair, you can still
pull off a hot look with curly bangs! I love the dramatic look that
bangs give me when I’m wearing my hair out in a big twistout.
- I usually opt for side swept bangs when I’m going out with the girls since my hair is longer.
- To keep my hair in place, I use bobby pins to
position the bangs exactly where I want them. The combination of pinned
and flowing curls can be just the look for a perfect evening.
- Loose bangs and a chic bun are a great pair and a great look to rock for a night out when you’re sporting a sassy updo!
- To enhance my existing curl pattern when letting my bangs hang, I love using a product like Jane Carter’s Curl Defining Cream.
- This sleek look plays well with all hair types too, so don’t be too shy to try!
- I’ll switch it up and opt for a flat twisted/braided section of bangs when
I don’t want my hair in my face. to create a looser, more hanging flat
twist, start your flat twist towards the ends of your head instead of
your scalp. Add more hair as you go along, as you would with a
traditional flat twist. Twist through the end of your hair and secure
close to your ear with a bobby pin.
- Whether you choose to have your hair cut or you like to improvise, curly bangs can be a great way to spice up your look for day or night.
Not only is the look fabulous, it’s so versatile! Having curly hair
definitely doesn’t limit your style options, it increases them! You’re
only limited by your imagination when it comes to styling your curly
hair, so try something new today. Happy styling!