I’m on a tear y’all and still gettin’ it like it’s 2006 over here… I’ve now revisited a staple product from my past (thanks to inspiration from Alicia James!)- Cantu Sheabutter Leave-in! And the results are in- #YesPleaseAndThankYou. I wish it had a little more slip. I wish it smelled a little better. But the shine, the clumping, the defining, the moisture… all on point, including the price. Glycerin is in the first 5 ingredients, so I’ll be curious to see how my hair behaves when the humidity gets turnt up. I’ll keep you posted!
How I styled:
- Applied coconut oil to my dry hair prior to jumping in the shower to pre-poo
- Cleansed with Trader Joe’s Nourish Spa Shampoo
- Applied Aussie Moist very heavy handedly, ran my head back under the shower to cut the conditioner a bit (which adds slip for easier detangling) and pinned my hair up while I handled shower rituals.
- Next, I gently finger detangled the right half of my hair (with my head under the shower stream) and then switched and did the left. I hopped out of the shower, wrung my hair dry with coconut oil laden hands and plopped for 15-20 minutes to remove excess water (pull my hair up into a t-shirt)
- I then removed the t-shrit and applied the Cantu in small sections, finger twirling and smoothing frizzy bits as I went.
I diffused until it was 80% dry (with high speed, medium heat) and let it air dry the rest of the way in a low pony tail (hence the bigger, stretched look). And that’s all folks.