Are you having a hard time retaining length? We all want healthy hair overall, but there are a few steps that will get us there. If one of your goals is to retain length but don’t know how, then you will benefit from these tips!
- Detangle gently with conditioner- Use a conditioner with lots of slip so it will be easier to detangle.
- Trim split ends regularly- doing so will guarantee healthier hair and prevent breakage.
- Oil Pre-Poos- A “pre-poo” is usually an oil treatment applied to hair prior to shampooing or conditioning. Adding a prepoo treatment to hair helps to restore lost moisture.
- Air Dry- Minimize heat usage and opt for air drying. Also wring out your curls with a tee-shirt as opposed to a towel.
- Moisturize- Keep hair moisturized, dry hair = prone to breakage.
- LCO Method-L=liquid, O= oil, C=cream.Use this method to lock moisture into your hair.
- Clarify Regularly- Build up clogs your pores and causes tangling and dull hair. You will want to use a clarifying shampoo or the apple cider vinegar wash to get rid of build up.
- Massage Your Scalp- Massaging your scalp regularly will increase your blood flow and promote healthy hair growth.
- Protein Treatments- Using protein treatments regularly will aid in making your hair stronger, after all your hair is made of protein! It’s also key in helping you to retain moisture.
- Low Manipulation- Choose low manipulation hairstyles, or protective hairstyles. Constant tugging, combing and pulling can create breakage and shedding. The less you fuss with your hair, the better the chances are for promoting strong healthier hair.
Global Couture is trying to spread the word about embracing your natural hair. Love your HAIR, if it is wavy, curly, kinky or coily.