Bob+ Blow-out + pin curls = yes, please and thank you 🙂
What I did:
- Trimmed an inch or so off my front chunky twists and about 1.5″ off the back twists (they were already shorter because I keep that bob tight!).
- Henna glossed (Trader Joe’s Nourish Spa + a few tablespoons of Red Raj henna from HennaSooq) for 2 hours w/ heat
- Rinsed, shampoo’ed and conditioned with the Trader Joe Nourish Spa line
- Blew it out (barely damp hair) using Andis comb dryer + Aphogee Leave-In + Ouidad Mongongo Oil
- Pincurled immediately with a little Ouidad Mongongo Oil (made 28 curls)
- Released the next morning and fluffed!
The Aphoghee leave-in has heat protecting properties and is very light-weight. The results were smooth and fluffy. I’ll either pincurl again tonight or put it in two french braids and bun it tomorrow. I love pincurling because it gives my blow-out texture and the results can be worn down or pinned up into a chic situation. This routine will last me for 2-3 weeks as long as I don’t pile on too many oils/butters. My fine strands experience build-up very quickly!