Castor oil is a natural oil that is rich in fatty acids and other nutrients that help to moisturize, strengthen and condition the hair. Castor oil is best known for having the amazing ability to promote growth in all hair types. It contains hair growth and regeneration properties and the oil’s triglycerides of ricinoleic acid makes it anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory. That makes it an ideal oil for combating and preventing scalp infections, fungi and unhealthy bacteria.
If you suffer from hair loss or dry scalp, here are 3 castor oil hair masks that will work to repair and strengthen your damaged hair.
SLEEPING BEAUTY CASTOR OIL MASK
If you suffer from serious hair damage, such as thinning edges or bald spots, this overnight castor oil mask is ideal for you. This mask is an intensive overnight treatment that works to repair severely damaged hair and very dry scalps. For this mask you’ll need a plastic shower cap and the following natural oils:
-5 tbsp. Castor oil
-2 tbsp. Sweet almond oil
1. Mix the oils together in a small bowl or applicator bottle.
2. Apply the mixture to the hair from roots to the ends, making sure that damaged areas are thoroughly coated.
3. Massage the oil into the scalp for a few minutes before applying a plastic shower cap.
4. Cover the shower cap with a sleeping bonnet or satin scarf and let the mask sit overnight.
5. Shampoo and condition your hair the next morning. For best results, use a sulfate-free shampoo.
SOFTENING EGG MASK
This mask combines the shine power of eggs with the strengthening capabilities of castor oil in a treatment that both nourishes and softens the hair. For this mask you will need the following ingredients:
-2 tbsp. Castor oil
-1 tbsp. honey
-Plastic shower cap
1. Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl.
2. Apply the mask to the hair, working in small sections. Be sure that any damaged areas are thoroughly coated.
3. Cover with a plastic shower cap and let the mask sit for at least an hour before rinsing with cold or lukewarm water.
CONDITIONING CASTOR OIL MASK
This mask works like a hot oil treatment to nourish both the hair and scalp. For this easy to do treatment, you’ll need a shower cap and the following oils:
-2 tbsp. Castor oil
-2 tbsp. mustard oil
-2 tbsp. olive oil
1. Mix oils together in a glass bowl or bottle.
2. Apply the mixture to the hair, paying close attention to the ends and any damaged areas.
3. Cover the hair with a plastic shower cap and let sit for at least 30 minutes.
4. Rinse the oil from the hair using lukewarm water and cowash as usual.