My Whole Life Regimen
Top Hair, Beauty, Skin, and Spirituality Tips
Get your Life right and everything else—including your relationships, health, and hair will follow. Here’s my routine:
- Wake up before the sun (usually 5:15am) with the immediate intention to remember, before my feet even hit the floor, that ‘Only Love is here’, or ‘I am Love, and all that I see- every person, place, and thing, including ‘me’, is only Love appearing as person, place, and thing.’
- Down a glass of room temp water, sometimes with lime.
- Meditation/Japa for 1.5 hours w/ my tulsi bead mala
- Record Go(o)d Mornings with CurlyNikki
- Journal for 15 minutes
- Read or listen to something spiritual, like THIS.
- Yoga (6 rounds of sun salutations) — haven’t been diligent about this one lately
- MUSIC and walk to the beach (if it ain’t raining!) OR sit on the dock
- MUSIC, shower and sanging lol
- Cold water face wash +Water spritz + Osea’s Hydrating Face Oil + Vitamin E Oil
- No breakfast
- Vegetarian lifestyle minus the eggs
- Read or listen to uplifting things intermittently (one airpod stays in haha)
- No face make-up unless I’m on TV, recording, or in another fancy situation. Just… Osea face oil, lipstick, and Go(o)d energy! If I’m recording, my go-to is a simple, fresh face– an under-eye concealer by Il Makiage, mascara by Thrive Causemetics, and a matte lipstick by Uoma.
- No alcohol, no coffee, no caffeinated teas (been breaking that rule lately cuz I’m tired!)— I’ve always tended toward high anxiety and cutting coffee and tea helped tremendously. Conscious, deep belly breathing also changed everything!
<!— /284704979/AA_CurlyNikki/cn_mid-article_flex -->
- Meditation/Japa for 30 minutes with Gia aka Boogie
- Rinse face with cold water, sometimes Cetaphil’s Gentle Facial Cleanser (or makeup wipes if I had any on) and follow up with Water spritz + Osea’s Hydrating Face Oil + Vitamin E Oil
- Wash and detangle sessions with any deep conditioner– style either with Innersense’s Inner Peace Whipped Creme Texturizer if I’m doing a chunky twist-out, OR using Nairobi Setting Foam for a bantu knot out on tension blown-out hair. I mostly use this blow dryer, now.
- Himalayan Salt Bath
- Humanrace’s 3 minute Facial or HumanRace’s Rice Powder Face Cleanser
- Work, work, work, work, work—while remembering that ‘I am Love’. Check out The Practice of The Presence of God by Brother Lawrence or any book on Karma Yoga. If every act and movement is done for Love, for God, for Life, you’ll notice that Peace never leaves your conscious awareness. Everything is always all Go(o)d.
- Travel somewhere I’ve never been (but Covid)
- Silent retreat!
- 2-3 New projects that scare me
What’s your Whole Life routine?
Fіrst of all I want to say w᧐nderful blоg! I haⅾ
a quick question which I’d like to ask if you don’t mind. I was interested to find out how you ϲenter yourѕelf and clear
your head before writing. I have haⅾ a hard time clearing my mind in getting my idеas out.
I truly do take pleasure in writing but it just seems like
the first 10 to 15 minutes tend to be wasted just trуing to figure out һow to begin. Any rｅcommendations οr tips?
Hey hey! I once heard a talk by Tolle and Dyer about their writing rituals. Eckhart Tolle said that he sits everyday, for at least an hour with his note pad and pencil. Some days, writing happens, some days, writing does not happen. But he shows up everyday no matter what. He said if on the days that nothing came he felt bad while thinking, “i have writers block, etc”, that would be the mistake. Instead, he sits peacefully and may think, ‘hmmm… today, just sitting is happening’. So you let it come, you let it flow. If you like, you can close your eyes, and find that sweetness inside (your inner smile that makes your face smile) that the writing comes from. Connect to it without any expectation. Just marinate in that sweetness. When I write, I write from that place. I hope that helps! xoxo
Thanks for sharing!!
Thank you for sharing! I’ve been trying to wake up before the sun but I’m finding it very hard to do consistently. Would you mind sharing how many hours of sleep you get each night? ☺️
Hi Antoinette! My sleep. lol. I get about 4-5 hours a night. But according to my watch it’s almost all deep sleep! I wake up (mostly) refreshed and sit to chant again and again! When I do feel sleepy, I notice that the ‘fatigue’ or ‘grogginess’ is noticed… it is observed… I am not that. I see the tiredness. I then notice the Peace that’s there, too and lean into that… I give my attention to the Peace, the river of Love flowing right next to and through the tiredness. And without fail, the tiredness lifts, just like a fog in the sun!