My Whole Life Regimen
Top Hair, Beauty, Skin, and Spirituality Tips
Get your Life right and everything else—including your relationships, health, and hair will follow. Here’s my routine:
- Wake up before the sun (usually 5:15am) with the immediate intention to remember, before my feet even hit the floor, that ‘Only Love is here’, or ‘I am Love, and all that I see- every person, place, and thing, including ‘me’, is only Love appearing as person, place, and thing.’
- Down a glass of room temp water, sometimes with lime.
- Meditation/Japa for 1.5 hours w/ my tulsi bead mala
- Record Go(o)d Mornings with CurlyNikki
- Journal for 15 minutes
- Read or listen to something spiritual, like THIS.
- Yoga (6 rounds of sun salutations) — haven’t been diligent about this one lately
- MUSIC and walk to the beach (if it ain’t raining!) OR sit on the dock
- MUSIC, shower and sanging lol
- Cold water face wash +Water spritz + Osea’s Hydrating Face Oil + Vitamin E Oil
- No breakfast
- Vegetarian lifestyle minus the eggs
- Read or listen to uplifting things intermittently (one airpod stays in haha)
- No face make-up unless I’m on TV, recording, or in another fancy situation. Just… Osea face oil, lipstick, and Go(o)d energy! If I’m recording, my go-to is a simple, fresh face– an under-eye concealer by Il Makiage, mascara by Thrive Causemetics, and a matte lipstick by Uoma.
- No alcohol, no coffee, no caffeinated teas (been breaking that rule lately cuz I’m tired!)— I’ve always tended toward high anxiety and cutting coffee and tea helped tremendously. Conscious, deep belly breathing also changed everything!
- Meditation/Japa for 30 minutes with Gia aka Boogie
- Rinse face with cold water, sometimes Cetaphil’s Gentle Facial Cleanser (or makeup wipes if I had any on) and follow up with Water spritz + Osea’s Hydrating Face Oil + Vitamin E Oil
- Wash and detangle sessions with any deep conditioner– style either with Innersense’s Inner Peace Whipped Creme Texturizer if I’m doing a chunky twist-out, OR using Nairobi Setting Foam for a bantu knot out on tension blown-out hair. I mostly use this blow dryer, now.
- Himalayan Salt Bath
- Humanrace’s 3 minute Facial or HumanRace’s Rice Powder Face Cleanser
- Work, work, work, work, work—while remembering that ‘I am Love’. Check out The Practice of The Presence of God by Brother Lawrence or any book on Karma Yoga. If every act and movement is done for Love, for God, for Life, you’ll notice that Peace never leaves your conscious awareness. Everything is always all Go(o)d.
- Travel somewhere I’ve never been (but Covid)
- Silent retreat!
- 2-3 New projects that scare me
What’s your Whole Life routine?