Photo by Ronise Da Luz on Unsplash
5 Amazing Benefits of Ashwagandha Essential Oil for Hair Growth
By Jacqueline Samaroo
The Ayurveda mentions Ashwagandha, or winter cherry, as Rasayana or the elixir of life, and praises its rejuvenating qualities. In the case of hair care, ashwagandha is a wonderful gift from nature. Even scientific research has proven that this herb promotes good hair growth activity.
Ashwagandha essential oil is excellent against hair loss and promotes better hair health. So, if you are looking forward to getting better hair that is strong and durable, take a look at the benefits of ashwagandha essential oil for hair health.
Find out how natural hair YouTuber EfikZara makes her own Ayurveda hair oil: Fantastic (and FAST!) Ayurveda Oil for Hair Growth by Zara
For more wonderful Ayurveda oils for hair health and strength, read:
- Ayurveda Haircare: Bhringraj Oil for Hair Growth – 5 Wonderful Benefits
- 3 Remarkable Benefits of Baobab Oil for Hair Growth (+ Product Suggestions!)
- Ayurvedic Hair Care: 4 Wonderful Benefits of Brahmi for Hair
- 5 Excellent Benefits of Fenugreek for Hair Growth – Ayurvedic Hair Care 101
5 Benefits of Ashwagandha Essential Oil for Hair Growth
1. Ashwagandha may have the effect of preventing hair loss.
Stress is often an underlying cause of excessive hair fall. In addition, anxiety and stress cause your body to release excessive cortisol. This, in turn, disrupts the hormonal level and causes hair fall and hair loss. Ashwagandha essential oil is an adaptogen, a herb that can counteract the effects of stress and anxiety on the human body. It also controls postpartum hair loss in women.
So, if you have tried different remedies to cure hair fall, it may be time to get ashwagandha essential oil. Probably you need a stress reliever to maintain your hormonal balance.
Besides that, ashwagandha is also rich in DHEA, a hormone promoting hair growth. Regular use of the essential oil will increase the DHEA level in your body. And you will get a shiny, beautiful, and voluminous mane that dazzles.
- Stress and Hair Loss: Here’s The Connection and 5 Ways to Break It
- 6 Reasons for Natural Hair Not Growing and Easy Ways to Remedy It
2. Ashwagandha works to repair brittle and dry hair.
Are you suffering from brittle and dry hair? Then using ashwagandha could help you to get stronger hair. After all, it contains DHEA that boosts scalp collagen production. The result? Your hair becomes stronger, more flexible, and more resistant to damage from manipulation.
For a look at other dry hair and dry scalp remedies, read:
- The Best Treatment for Dry Scalp and Hair – 10 Products that Work!
- Best Treatment for Dry Scalp – 5 DIY Remedies
- How to Treat Dry Scalp – 6 Simple and Effective Lifestyle Changes
3. Ashwagandha may help to combat premature graying.
Ashwagandha is rich in the amino acid tyrosine. This amino acid stimulates melanin production in hair follicles. Hence, it can effectively prevent premature graying in men and women.
4. Ashwagandha contributes to nourishing your scalp.
One of the best benefits of ashwagandha essential oil for hair growth is its ability to nourish the scalp. In addition, this herb contains powerful antioxidants, protein, glucose, potassium, nitrate, vitamin C, and iron. Hence, it offers quite a bit of what you need.
Introducing ashwagandha oil in your hair care routine will offer your scalp the much-needed nutrition to fight against pollutants and free radicals. It also improves blood circulation on your scalp, boosting follicle growth. On top of that, it also nourishes your follicles, making them healthier and stronger.
5. Ashwagandha may help to prevent scalp eczema and dandruff.
Ashwagandha has strong anti-inflammatory and antibacterial qualities. It prevents scalp irritation caused by bacteria and fungi infections. It also shows positive results against gram-positive bacteria.
That means if you have scalp eczema or dandruff, ashwagandha essential oil can treat these conditions. Plus, this herb also provides relief from inflammation. In addition, it will give you some relief from the constant itching inflammation can cause, as well as balance your scalp pH level for better hair growth.
How to Use Ashwagandha Essential Oil for Hair Growth
Now you know how incredible Ashwagandha can be for your hair. But, you need to use the ashwagandha essential oil in the right way to channel its benefits.
Here are a few DIY ideas to get the benefits of ashwagandha essential oil for hair health.
- You can create a special hair oil by mixing five drops of ashwagandha essential oil with three tablespoons of coconut oil or olive oil. Then massage it on your scalp with a gentle motion. Rinse after half an hour. Try to do this once or twice a week for three to four months to see better hair growth.
- You can upgrade your shampoo by adding ashwagandha essential oil to it. Add twenty drops of the essential oil to 200 to 250 ml of shampoo and mix that well. Then, regularly use the shampoo to get stronger hair and relief from dandruff. You also can use this same method to upgrade your conditioner for a more effective washday routine.
- If you are using a hair mask, always add five to six drops of ashwagandha oil to make it more effective against hair loss.
- The Difference between Essential Oils and Carrier Oils – 4 Really Good Things to Know
- What Is a Hot Oil Treatment and 10 Reasons It’s Good for Natural Hair
Ashwagandha is an excellent medicinal plant that promotes hair growth and boosts overall hair health. So then why are you waiting? Follow these tips to get fuller and voluminous hair with ashwagandha essential oil.
Do you use essential oils for hair care? Have you tried ashwagandha? Tell us about it!