Photo by Jabari Timothy on Unsplash
The Best Scalp Treatment for Hair Growth – 9 Wonderful Choices
By Jacqueline Samaroo
Plants grow best when they are rooted in fertile soil. It’s the same with your hair – it will flourish if it is rooted in a scalp that is clean, well-nourished, and healthy. Scalp treatments can help. But, the best scalp treatment for your scalp will depend on your skin type and any scalp issues you are currently having.
We’ve rounded up nine amazing scalp treatments that work in different ways to combat a range of scalp issues, nourish the scalp, and promote healthy hair growth. They work hard and effectively at combatting dryness, itching, flaking, and inflammation.
Some of the options we feature are made specifically to treat hair loss while others work at balancing pH levels, scalp microbiome, and scalp oil production. Plus, there are vegan options as well as ones that work best with natural hair, work on color-treated and chemically-treated hair, and lots more.
Heads up! Three of the brands that made our list were featured in our recent Black-Owned Hair Care Brands series. Check them out!
Nine scalp treatments for hair growth
Here are nine scalp treatments that are sure to get to the root of your scalp health problems and help your hair grow healthy and strong.
- Moroccanoil Dry Scalp Treatment
- Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Hair and Scalp Treatment
- Briogeo Scalp Revival Charcoal + Tea Tree Cooling Hydration Mask
- Head & Shoulders Royal Oils Daily Moisture Scalp Cream with Coconut Oil
- BREAD Beauty Supply Mud-Mask
- TPH By Taraji Master Cleanse Scalp Treatment Wash
- Living Proof Scalp Care Dry Scalp Treatment
- Hair Thickness Maximizer Saw Palmetto Serum
- Oribe Serene Scalp Soothing Leave-On Treatment
1. Moroccanoil Dry Scalp Treatment
This scalp treatment oil is formulated with argan oil, salicylic acid, and geranium oil. It gently exfoliates dry scalp skin while at the same time providing relief from itching and dryness. It also moisturizes the scalp, leaving it looking and feeling better.
Moroccanoil also makes a scalp treatment oil for oily scalps!
Moroccanoil Oily Scalp Treatment
Features argan oil along with ginger root oil to help regulate scalp oil production and biotin peptides to combat dullness and rejuvenate your scalp. Purifies the scalp and provides soothing relief from inflammation and dandruff.
All About Biotin for Hair Growth – 9 Interesting Facts
Get Biotin for Hair Growth with These 8 Yummy Recipes!
8 Common Causes of Dry Scalp Plus Easy Ways to Tell It’s Not Dandruff
2. Tea Tree Hair and Scalp Treatment
Massaging with this vegan scalp treatment helps to soothe your scalp while repairing damaged hair and moisturizing your dry hair and scalp. Contains tea tree, peppermint, and lavender oils along with soy protein, panthenol, and shea butter.
3. Briogeo Scalp Revival Charcoal + Tea Tree Cooling Hydration Mask
This popular vegan scalp treatment is made with binchotan charcoal to exfoliate and detoxify the scalp. It also has aloe vera and hyaluronic acid to hydrate and moisturize the scalp, as well as soothing tea tree oil to leave your scalp cool and refreshed.
- Aloe Oil for Extreme Hair Growth – 4 Recipes + Best Use of Aloe Vera for Natural Hair!!! | EfikZara
- Curly Haircare Ingredients: 5 Surprising Benefits of Activated Charcoal for Hair Growth
- What Is Hair Butter? 10 Excellent Hair Butters for Hair Growth!
4. Head & Shoulders Royal Oils Daily Moisture Scalp Cream with Coconut Oil
This daily leave-in, anti-dandruff cream is a part of the Royal Oils collection from Head & Shoulders. It is formulated with pyrithione zinc and coconut oil to combat the root cause of dandruff while hydrating and moisturizing the scalp.
5. BREAD Beauty Supply Mud-Mask
This is a vegan pre-poo scalp treatment that gently exfoliates your scalp while purifying it and giving it an initial cleaning before you move on to shampooing. Made with broccoli extract, a clay and quartz combination, and matcha tea leaf extract.
- Best Dandruff Shampoo for Curly Hair – Top 10 List!
- Green Tea Hair Rinse: What is it, 5 Terrific Benefits, and How to DIY Your Own
- Black Tea Rinse for Natural Hair – How To and Top 4 Benefits
6. TPH By Taraji Master Cleanse Scalp Treatment Wash
A “refreshing, tingling deep clean” is what’s in store for your scalp when you use this vegan scalp treatment for hair growth. It has tea tree and eucalyptus oils, as well as witch hazel water in its formula. Together, they work to balance your scalp environment, leaving your skin invigorated and free of irritation.
7. Living Proof Scalp Care Dry Scalp Treatment
This treatment for dry scalp is made with hyaluronic acid and vitamin B3. It is a leave-in treatment that provides hydration and instant relief from dryness, itching, and irritation. It also balances the scalp microbiome and helps to eliminate flaking.
- 9 Wonderful Vitamin B Complex Benefits
- Best Treatment for Dry Scalp – 5 DIY Remedies
- I Was Going Bald via Scalp Fungus + How I Grew Back My Hair | EfikZara
8. Hair Thickness Maximizer Saw Palmetto Serum
Here is a scalp treatment for hair loss that helps to combat thinning hair. The long list of scalp-healthy oils in this serum includes moringa, baobab, cedarwood, rosemary, flaxseed, and peppermint. They complement the potency and effectiveness of its saw palmetto.
9. Oribe Serene Scalp Soothing Leave-on Treatment
This light-weight and fast-absorbing scalp treatment is made with beta hydroxy acid and peppermint oil, along with cucumber and chamomile extracts. It exfoliates your scalp while soothing and protecting it. Also helps to rid the scalp of dandruff flakes.
- Good-to-Know Benefits of Rosemary Essential Oil for Hair + 3 Ways to Use It
- 3 Remarkable Benefits of Baobab Oil for Hair Growth (+ Product Suggestions!)
- 6 Exciting Benefits of Moringa Oil for Hair Growth (with Product Suggestions!)
- Flaxseed Oil for Curly Hair – 4 Amazing Benefits
What scalp treatment do you use for scalp health and hair growth? Share!
Hello, good morning, I would like to know the cost of the products. I am Afro-Colombian. I want to know if you have any proof of the products and how is the payment method? My email is marily1320@gmail