Ok ladies, I’m here today to chat a bit about one of my all-time favorite essential oils…
Peppermint oil! Oooo, my scalp’s getting all tingly from just saying it!
I really like this oil because it has so many wonderful benefits and uses- from hair to health.
So let’s first start with the hair benefits… Did you know that peppermint oil can be used for:
- Scalp Health: Peppermint oil is a natural astringent and helps to balance your scalps acid mantle. It can also normalize sebum production and protect against oily skin.
- Hair Growth: Because of its ability to relax blood vessels and stimulate blood flow to hair follicles, peppermint oil has also been used to stimulate hair growth.
And now let’s look at its general health benefits… Did you know that peppermint oil has been used for:
- Congestion: the menthol in peppermint oil can relieve the symptoms of the flu, colds, allergies, asthma and other respiratory conditions.
- Indigestion and Irritable Bowel Syndrome: can help to relieve nausea and upset stomach.
- Urinary Tract Infections: this oil has even been used for treating urinary tract infections (UTI).
Finally, if you’re into aromatherapy then you should try peppermint oil for:
- Stress Relief: it has been used to induce relief from anxiety, stress, headache and depression.
I have a diffuser and like to regularly burn peppermint oil while I sleep- especially after a stressful day.
- Pain Relief: this oil has muscle relaxing effects and can be used directly on skin to relieve soreness and pain. Just add a few drops to a carrier oil like olive oil or sweet almond oil. Then massage into skin. Also make sure to relax and deeply inhale the aroma of the oil.
Wanna try Peppermint Oil?
Well you’re in luck! Head over to the