I can hardly believe it, but it’s been a whole friggin’ year! Sorry for the cheesiness, but apparently time really does fly when you’re having fun ;~) This time last October, the thought of starting a blog seemed daunting. I had been toying around with the idea for a while, but I felt that; (1) it would be nearly impossible to keep up, and (2) no one cared about what I had to say. At the prompting of many Naturallycurly.com members, friends, family, and the hubs, I pushed away my fears and negative thoughts, and took the plunge. I sat up for 48 hours learning about blogs (yes, I had NO idea how websites worked), conceptualizing the site, writing the first 15 articles, and tweaking the page layout. True story–I didn’t sleep for 2 days. On October 9th, I launched, and the rest is history!
So, in honor of CurlyNikki.com’s very first birthday, I thought we’d have some fun. Each day next week we will celebrate in a unique, and mutually beneficial way! Here’s what I’m thinking:
- Monday: Show your support for CurlyNikki.com by spreading the word! Tweet it, facebook it, myspace it, blog about it, phone a friend, hell, approach a stranger on the subway! Leave a comment detailing how you spread the word…the most creative curly will receive a jar of Oyin Shine and Define out of my personal stash!
- Tuesday: Order that new hair product you’ve been eyeing, and tell your mom/partner/boyfriend/husband that CurlyNikki told you to do it. Then, come back here and dish about your new hair candy!
- Wednesday: Share the one thing you’ve taken away from CurlyNikki.com. The piece of advice, article, or story that influenced you the most.
- Thursday: Show us how you rock my signature style, the Twist-n-Curl. Send in one pic of your TnC, complete with how you modified it to fit your hair texture and personal style. I’ll post the pics throughout the day.
- Friday: Submit a pic of yourself–head to toe, in all your natural flyness**. It can be your Sunday’s best, work attire, club clothes…whatever, as long as you look as fab as you feel on the inside. I’ll post the first ten I receive, and the readers will vote on the flyest image…the winner will receive 100g of…….Mehandi Cassia or Indigo. Your choice 🙂
So there you have it. I’m giving you the heads up so you have ample time to participate!
Finally, I want to thank each and every one of you for your continued support. For the interviews, the thought provoking comments, the questions, the ideas, the donations, and the love. YOU are the reason I do this, and I don’t plan on stopping any time soon.
Beginning today, feel free to submit pictures for Thursday and Friday’s challenge. Mail to [email protected] and use “CurlyNikki Bday” as the subject line.
Obviously, you can start brainstorming for Monday-Wednesday’s challenges, but you can’t submit your comments until I put up the post that morning. Good luck and thanks in advance!
**I’m compiling pics for a new feature called ‘Living Curly’. This is why I want diversity–work attire, on the town, formal dress.