I’m a big fan of pH balanced conditioners. After using them, my hair feels significantly different overall than it does when the conditioner is not pH balanced. My hair has always responded best to balanced pH and I know that’s because my hair needs to have my cuticles lay back down as flat as they can for me to have as many good hair days as possible.
Like me, you may find that the steep prices of good pH balanced and organic conditioners keep you at bay and although they work great and you can use them daily, they can be a bit heavy on the pockets. That’s why I’m all for stretching out a good leave-in to get the most bang for my buck, but not loose the effectiveness of the product. So here is my daily moisturizing spritz mixture that you can try that will stretch your bottle of pH balanced conditioner much longer than you ever imagined!
Because of the balance of total ingredients I use this spritz when I want as a wet and slightly creamy leave-in since it does not contain heavy and unnecessary fillers and won’t cause my hair to feel like it has a ton of build-up.
In a spray bottle that’s at least 8 oz in size combine:
(1) Two oz of pH balanced conditioner (about four table spoons)
(2) One oz of Carol’s Daughter Tui Jojoba and Shea Butter Hair Sheen OR jojoba oil and/or hemp seed oil and/or avocado oil. <– these are my top picks, but you can use any oil that works best on keeping your hair SEALED.
(3) Six oz of rose water. <– I find that this works significantly better than just tap water because it’s distilled. you can also use plain distilled water or you can use bottle water as a close substitute. i don’t suggest tap water for this mixture.
(4) Four drops of silk amino acids (optional)
(5) 1/2 tea spoon of glycerin (optional) <— my hair loves glycerin but i don’t like to add too much. if you have type 3 hair and less, you may not want to add the glycerin.
(6) shake all of the ingredients well.
Why silk amino acids?
Hydrolyzed from pure silk fibers, silk amino acids have a lower molecular weight than silk protein powders and are penetrating and moisturizing to skin and hair. It can also repair and nurse damaged hair and it provides a protective barrier and silky feel to formulations so it will give you great slip!