Our mane is our glory and it’s imperative that it looks glorious for date night. Everything starts with your hair. Even if it’s pulled back in a high bun, whatever you choose, you have to love it. I think hair for date night should be all about what makes you feel great. For me, nothing is more sexy than big fluffy hair so for this article I’ll show you how I did my hair for date night.
Here is the step-by-step of my blown out braid-out.
1. Start with wash and deep conditioned hair. Since my hair will be lightly blow dried, I like to impart ample moisture before doing the blow drying process. For my deep conditioner, I use about a half of a cup of conditioner, one teaspoon of honey and two table spoons of olive oil. *These are rough measurements and not exact.
2. Once my deep conditioner is rinsed out I use a leave in conditioner, for me, that means leaving a little bit of Aussie Moist in my hair before the next step. After, I place my hair in a microfiber towel and let it soak up as much water as possible. I air dry until it’s about 80% dry and then commence to styling.
3. Tension blow dry. For this step, I hold the ends of my hair and let the blow dryer do its job. My goal here is to get the hair smooth and to stretch out my own curls so it’s ready to braid. In this step, I pay particular attention to my roots, so my curl pattern comes out the same in the end and I don’t have a super curly crown with soft wavy curls below.
4. Separate in sections and section-by-section add your choice of products. This step is important for me because I want to make sure my braid out comes out looking moisturized and not dry. I start by using a little of Crème of Nature’s Argan Oil Butter-Licious Curls for the water based moisture. Next, I apply Paul Mitchell’s hair serum, for the extra moisture and smooth shine and finally I add just a bit of Dark and Lovely’s Sheen Sealing Nectar to seal, then I braid. I do four braids in the back total and two in the front.
5. Before unraveling, I apply more oil to the braids. Next, unravel the braids and style as you wish. I like to flip the front of my hair to one side. Alternatively, you can do a half updo with this style which is great for a fun and more casual date.
I like to sleep overnight in my braids but since this is date night, you can do this earlier in the day and let them air dry 100%. The longer you keep them in, the more defined they will be. Also, the more product you use, the more defined they will be. It all just depends on what your preferences are.