Special occasions may call for you to have a sleek style or you may simply just want to change things up with a different look. Luckily you do not have to sacrifice your hair’s health as you can achieve a sleek look without using heat at all.
Before You Start
I won’t lie to you, it is a process especially if you have kinky textured hair! You also need to know which products work the best when it comes to giving your hair hold. Many naturals rave about Olive Oil Eco Styler Gel and I am sure for them it works great. I happen to prefer the Black Eco Styler Gel because the hold lasts better for me.
- Begin the process on clean (build-up free),air dried and stretched hair. (Important! Starting off like this yields the best results.)
- Lightly mist your hair with water. No need to saturate just mist.
- Do a side part or lay your hair in the direction you want it to fall into.
- Work with your hair section by section adding your favorite gel or jam. This is important to get the best coverage. (Important! It’s more timely but you MUST work in sections).
- Secure with a ponytail holder when you are all done.
- Wrap your hair with a satin or silk scarf to further lay your hair.
Gel Used: Eco Styler Protein Styling Gel (my personal fav)
Gel Used: Ampro Shine ‘n Jam Extra Hold Conditioning Gel with Honey Extract
While this method is time consuming, it’s very straight forward. So if you have a bridezilla on your case to get a sleek hairstyle for her wedding or you just want to; you will not have to worry about the risk of heat damage.