We’re quickly approaching the weekend…can I get an Amen?!
I’ve tweaked my routine ever so slightly…from now on (or at least until I change my mind again 😉 ) I’ll only be washing/detangling/styling my hair once a week. I’ll wear it out in a Bantu Knot-Out, or Twist-n-Curl until it becomes ridiculously frizzy and then bun it. I haven’t re-styled since before the Hair Show (Thursday night, last week). Below you’ll find pics of the bun that I’m currently sporting. I’m thinking that things will proceed like this:
- Sunday night: Style Hair for the week
- Monday night: apply Shea Butter to the ends, sleep on a satin pillow case
- Tuesday night: apply Shea Butter to the ends, sleep on a satin pillow case
- Wednesday night:apply Shea Butter to the ends, sleep on a satin pillow case
- Thursday morning: apply Shea Butter to the ends, bun it
- Thursday night through Sunday Morning- Bunning it. My hair will remain in the bun until the next wash day. I apply Shea Butter to my edges, put on my silk scarf and go to bed.
- On weekends when I have plans, I will probably re-style on Thursday or Friday night.
This has been working great, especially since my schedule has gotten a bit tighter.
My other recent bunning pics: https://www.curlynikki.com/2009/03/yet-another-remedy-for-frizzyflat-twist.html
This routine is similar to a routine I promised to stick to for a Grow Out Challenge I started on NC.com a while ago. Check it out: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=47735&highlight=grow+out+challenge+sorts