Golden Natural Nappy on Her Healthy Lifestyle

By January 27th, 202134 Comments
Golden Natural Nappy on Her Healthy Lifestyle

via MyNaturalReality

Golden Natural Nappy writes:

My fitness journey started back in 2002 when I joined a gym to lose some weight I’d gained over the years of working long shifts, eating pizza, and drinking Pepsi everyday. It wasn’t until I changed gym locations about 2 years later I realized what I was doing wrong and what I needed to do in order to make my goals a reality. I started taking my now personal trainer’s boot camp class every Wednesday of the week, soon after I competed in a 7-week fat loss challenge. It required me to wake up at 4AM, 4 days a week for an hour-long workout. I won first place in this challenge! Then I decided to compete in my first NPC competition. And I won 3rd place. The rest seems to be history with a lot of hard work, research, and dedication.

Golden Natural Nappy on Her Healthy LifestyleGolden Natural Nappy on Her Healthy Lifestyle

Current workout regimen:

I’ve had the same gym membership since 2002… 2012 will make 10 years I’ve been going to the same gym. I workout 6 days a week! On the days I have limited time, I workout at home with my jump rope, gym boss timer, dip station and sandbag; max time 30 minutes. The days I can make it to the gym, I write down before hand what body part I’m going to work on and how I’m going to do it. I write everything down from my reps to how I feel when I’m doing them. I do cardio about 3 days a week, but different methods. I always jump rope on leg days, I sprint on upper body days (after my workout), and I walk on the treadmill at an incline of 15 to warm up. If I have a Saturday or Sunday available, I sprint and run stairs at the track for a max time of 20 minutes with limited rest.

I always pre-make my meals! I don’t have cheat days or weeks. I will have a cheat meal to stay emotionally sane, but that’s it. I eat about 6 meals a day (this doesn’t include my protein drinks).

I put as much time and research into my rest and recovery as I do my workouts:

I always stretch and do a form of yoga.

I always buy fresh foods. I rarely buy frozen veggies and I only eat lean meats; no pork, red meat, processed or fried foods.

I drink a gallon or more water a day.

April 24th was my 3rd year of being natural…

Golden Natural Nappy on Her Healthy Lifestyle

As for my hair there’s not much I do to it. I wear it in twists a lot and wash about 2 times a week with organic shampoos and I use natural oils such as argan, almond, castor oil, and shea butter.

This YouTube clip will help with a visual of my journey.

Where are you on your goals to a healthier you?

• Zhana Roiya says:

The way to a fit body is to change your mind about your health. When you change how you feel about your health…….you change your habits and take on new ones. Exercise and a healthy eating regimen is really the cheapest way to a new you

• Kimberly KaleidoscopicSoul Eph says:

this is so great i work out a lot too and i did my first competition last week im currently transitioning and i was just trying to figure out how to deal with excess sweating and my new growth whn i came across this article im glad theres some one out there that can relate to my situation !

• Leo75Kev76 says:

That is amazing, you are amazing!

• Davina says:

So inspirational!

• Shayla Smith says:

She looks amazing, I wish I had that body *I say while eating a cheeseburger!* No honestly that is truly amazing and so inspiring. I'ma look like that…one day…maybe…

• Latoya Watson says:

WOW! Now that is motivation. I really need to get in the gym.

• Aishia Jefferson says:

You look so beautiful.

• Megan Montgomery says:

Lost for words I am amazed she is natural and healthy. I need to cut out my healthy choice frozen meals I have once a week my Dietian says it is okay since some are diabetic friendly. I have type 1 diabetes I am 22. The sodium in the frozen meals are high 200-500+ depending on the meal. I workout 5 times a week and use a jump rope and eat lean meats also the leaner cuts of pork and beef. For example, sirlion steak with no fat on it and center cut pork chops sometimes. No high fat meats like pork spareribs, hotdogs etc. I drink two liters of water. I like that she is natural you go girl or like the south beach diet comerial "you go healthy!"

Megan. Montgomery

• Andrea Dawn says:

This article has inspired me to get back to the gym, tomorrow. I have a membership, but it's been collecting dust for the past 3 months.

• randi says:

She is Awesome!

• Natural Sunshine says:

she looks amazing!

• Bridget Daniels says:

You look amazing! I have been working out consistently for awhile and recently upped my workout regimen as I am getting married in 6 weeks and I want to lose 8 more pounds before the wedding. I do cardio at least 6x per week and resistance training 3x per week. As of this week, I have added interval training (HIIT) 3x per week in hopes of dropping these last 8 pounds. Please let me know if you have any tips for fat loss.

• Dani says:

Her abs are ridiculous! = )

• luvmylocs says:

I'm a fitness instructor but your dedication and transformation has encouraged me to step my game up! Do you have a website, blog, fb page or anything? I'd love to connect further.

• LaToya says:

Truly Inspiring! Right now I'm in the process tryign to take off a few pounds I gained from my eating while I was on vacation in Costa Rica. I'm pretty fit, and enjoy working out and physical activity, but my biggest stumbling block is staying dilligent. Reading this story has challenged me to not make excuses and miss my workouts or eat poorly because my schedule gets busy. Thanks for sharing this!

• Brooke B. says:

Wow! What an amazing journey, you look great. I workout every morning for 30 minutes which includes, jumping rope, push ups, abs & squats. I'm still working on eating right, but I have a solid workout routine.

• Sharde Davis says:

AWESOME!!!!

• Taylor says:

Now that's healthy. You look amazing!

• keisha billups says:

wow!! *puts chips down* You look amazing. I have tried multiple times to eat right and exercise regularly, but I fall off of the wagon. I can never get past the 10-15 pound weight loss mark. I exercise 3- 4 days a week but I need to get my diet together. Continued success with competing and good luck on your journey. GOD bless.

• hunnybun says:

damn that body…oh well off to do some sit ups

• tiffany goff says:

she's awesome! i am doing well in the middle of my goals to a healthier me: i eat mostly raw foods/clean each day and i work out 3 times a week for 15 mins each time. i am doing a personal ab challenge of 100 abs a day. it's hard, but am making it happen

• Thetruthisoutthere says:

Girl you look mah-ve-lous! I never thought of doing a journal!

• Hilary B. says:

wow, you look great!

• 101Corkscrews says:

Gorgeous Body & Hair. I will be doing my workout today for sure! Lol

• Pecancurls says:

Hot dayum!! Girl you look fantastic from head to toe! I am always a work in progress. 🙂 My healthy body journey actually resulted in my healthy hair journey. In July, 2010 I decided that after two kids and hitting 40 it was time for me to go back to my size 6 from my then size 12. I no longer recognized myself in the mirror. I started with Jillian Michaels 30 day shred in July 2010. I lost 20-25 pounds. I never checked the scale, just how my clothes fit. I also would do 30 minutes on the tread mill 4 times a week. I later also incorporated yoga 2 -3 times per week. During that process my permed hair was looking raggedy. I had my last perm sept 2010. Transitioned for a year and cut off the last bit in sep 2011. I still do the tread mill and yoga. I have kept the weight off. I always drank a lot of water. I mostly eat poultry and fish with the occasional bit of swine thrown in there. Very limited red meat. I did not have crazy bad eating habits. I have cut out a lot sugars and pay more attention to my salt intake. I just became more active since hitting that brick wall of little resistance called "40". 🙂

• Kudos says:

If you all couled've seen my face when I saw her body!! YES!! Definitely not missing my run this evening! And I'm with DeAndr.. can we get some pointers on getting our abs even close to yours?!

• Erika A. says:

Wow! You look amazing! Serious inspiration. I'm just beginning on my fitness journey. I aim to work out 5 times a week in the morning using interval training for at least 30 mins. I also will begin juicing & smoothie making.

• CurvyCurly says:

Dayum! You look amazing! Wish I had that type of drive.
    I do eat a primarily healthy diet that's void of soda, fried foods, fast foods, and dairy products (only almond or rice). Red meat and pork are rare endulgences for me as I typically eat poultry and fish. I also have incorporated veggie and sometimes fruit smoothies daily to boost my veggie and fruit intake to 6-8 servings.
    I do NOT find JOY in working out ;-( I do it because I know it contributes to better health and allows me to remain at a comfortable weight/size with nice muscle tone, especially now that I'm over 40. It helps to mix things up such as alternating days of cardio between running, step-aerobics, etc. and days of strength training using curcuit training videos.
    Golden Natural Nappy ~ what an inspiration! You make me want to push myself just a wee bit harder!

• DeAndra says:

What an awesome story! You look GREAT! Congrats on your achievements! Isn't it amazing how a simple gym chage will make all the difference in the world?! I went from one local gym to YouFit – and it has made working out fun for me again! However I am still searching for the motivation to get up at 4 am and get to the gym… I was once able to do that and never missed a work out! Your hair looks awesome as well!
    Please share your tips on achieving those abs! 🙂

• Dr Mermaid says:

Amazing! Such an inspiration. I recently started on my fitness journey after my lil booger :). I want to be a fit mommy, even if that means getting up at 5am

• Unclouded_path says:

So inspirational!

• Cherry says:

and all of a sudden i feel like a slug for not going for a run this morning. get it girl!

• BnNappy says:

I love it. You look fab!!!!! Congrats on reaching all of your goals. This year I want to lost 10 pounds and get pretty toned. I do a once a week bootcamp class, I'm a runner so I try to get in about 15 miles a week. I just started doing the insanity workout and I'm 2 weeks in. I hope to have as great results as you have. Keep it up! 🙂

• JB Braxton says:

wow, she looks amazing!!!!!