by Emilia Obiekea of AdoreBotanicals.com
We all want beautiful, healthy skin and hair. Circulation and healthy habits are key elements to having your best skin and hair. While the body naturally maintains circulation, there is nothing wrong with giving it a helping hand! It is important to stimulate your blood flow on a regular basis to ensure healthy skin and scalp. A simple way to do this is with oil massages.
Just to tackle two tasks at once, why not do a facial massage then one for your scalp with the same easy to make cream? This massage cream will be your new beauty BFF. Check it out.
- 1 tablespoon of your favorite oil (like Olive, Coconut or Avocado oil)
- -7 drops of your favorite essential oil (like grapefruit, lavender, rosemary or tea tree)
- -1 oz aloe vera gel
Why these ingredients?
Natural oils, such as olive, coconut, and avocado, are free from chemicals found in store bought products to give you peace of mind. These oils are also naturally moisturizing to provide reliable hydration, as well as being non-greasy and easy for the skin to absorb. The essential oils can be used for fragrance alone depending on which one you use, but they can also have their own unique benefits if you do your research right since some essential oils can help with certain scalp issues. The aloe vera gel is soothing, helps with the texture of the cream, and acts as a good base in the recipe.
- Blend all ingredients together in a bowl until it has a creamy texture and is well mixed. It will create an opaque cream.
- Apply a light amount to the face and massage in a circular motion for a minute or two. Avoid the eye and mouth areas!
- Part the hair and apply the cream directly to the scalp, nape of neck and around hairline. Massage well with the pads of your fingers for about two minutes. Be careful not use your nails since this can lead to small abrasions on the scalp and further issues down the road.
For the face: Wipe off face and wash well with a cleanser of choice. To complete your skin care routine, follow up with a toner and moisturizer to get glowing, beautiful skin.
For the hair: You can leave this mixture on the scalp as a pre-poo, moisturizer, or just wash out and proceed with your wash day.
Prolonged use results in smooth, glowing and healthy skin and a healthier scalp and hair. It is fine to do this a few times a week or once a week, depending on your needs and preferences.
This is a very simple yet effective recipe due to the soothing and moisturizing nature of the aloe vera gel and the nourishing effect of the oils. Share your results in the comment section below!