IG @amazingnaturalhair #crownbraid
12 Simply Beautiful Halo Braids / Crown Braids Pics and 8 How-To Videos
By Jacqueline Samaroo
Halo braids are a crowning glory for all types of hair AND they are totally DIY-able! Be inspired by 15 simply gorgeous halo braid pics then try your own with these eight how-to videos! Click here to jump to the videos!
Let’s kick things off with a dozen stylin’ and profilin’ IG crown braid pics!
1. Sharing the Spotlight
A fabulous cornrow design front-and-center with a neat halo braid to top it off. She likes it and so do we!
IG @lia.b_braidn #halobraid
2. A Redheaded Goddess
When you just ain’t afraid to be bold, let your hair show it with a burst of color!
IG @braidsbytlo #halobraid
3. Shaved and Loc’d and Crowned!
What an awesome way to flaunt a shaved sides and back hairstyle!
IG @jus_locs #healthyhair
4. Pump It Up, Up UP!!
Here’s some inspo for when you love the crown braid but you also love hair that’s got volume.
IG @crownthegoddess_ #naturalhairstyles
5. The Face of An Angel
And, NOW we know why they call it a “halo” braid. Thank you very much!
IG @stylesbyjasmyne #halobraid
6. Peekaboo Color
A hint of color is just the thing to take any hairstyle up a notch or two. Beautiful!
IG @voiceofhair #braidideas
7. A Bridal Favorite
Brides love crown braids hairstyles and it’s easy to see why!
IG @amazingnaturalhair #crownbraid
8. Well Done!
Yeah, it’s okay to look totally smug when you KNOW you’ve nailed the look!
IG @keshabrisker #halobraid
9. A Halo of Curly Locs
Wow, this style will grab ALL the attention when entering AND leaving a room!
IG @justlocs14 #locupdostyles
10. Halo Braid Meets Messy Bun
And, we’re loving it! Crown braid hairstyles are usually extremely neat with every hair in place. We think this is a wonderful take on the style!
IG @clairecartr #blackownedbusiness
11. When the Crown Braid is Done Right
You know that feeling you get when the style you requested is EXACTLY what you got and MORE?!?!
IG @twistedbytiff #locstyles
12. A Ropy, Curly, Coily Masterpiece
Here’s a bit of divine inspiration for when you take your halo braid over the top!
IG @theriver_oshun #protectivestyles
Now, onto those halo braids how-to tutorials!
Ready to try DIYing your own halo braids? Here are eight halo braid how-to videos that feature doing this beautiful hairstyle on your own hair or with braiding hair to give you an assist.
The videos also include halo braids on natural hair, halo braids on locs, and halo braids on processed hair. Don’t think you can do a halo braid on short, natural 4C hair? Yes, you can and we’ve got you covered! Enjoy!
1. Watch as Chizi Duru does a sweet halo braid on her natural hair that’s been stretched first. She makes it look soooo easy!
2. Adanna Madueke uses braiding hair extensions to create a heavenly halo braid on her short 4C natural hair. Watch!
3. Here’s a professional crown braid with cornrows tutorial courtesy of Nique Lynn. A master of the art!
4. Brownskin Poppin shows us how she braids her natural locs into a beautiful halo braid with tendrils. Loving her hair color!
5. Crown braids on short locs – impossible, you say? It’s totally doable! Alyssia’ Dawn shows us how!
6. A halo braids with bangs hairstyle – the way Beyoncé does it. DenayTheDiva shows us how it’s done – first on her own hair then giving it a bit more volume with braiding hair.
7. Want to learn how to do sophisticated crown braids with a low bun AND give off true goddess vibes? cynthykay obi‘s got you!
8. EverSoGorgeous shows us two SUPER EASY halo braids hairstyles just about anyone can master. Watch!
Do you DIY halo braids in your hair? Share some tips and tricks with us!